• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS for Sale in Seattle

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Ok, back to the car.

I just inspected and drove the car. No power steering, big fat sticky tires, and a little 14" steering wheel. Holy crap, the owner must have been a weight lifter!

The car looks good and it is pretty solid driving. It has a 289 with a lopy cam and a 4V. Not all that fast but it sound cool as it idles.

There is a lot of paint on the car. It's been repainted once but they did not skimp on the paint. Must have used 3 gallons. There are also rust bubbles on both doors so all the paint needs to be stripped off, the rust repaired, and then the car repainted.

Whenever people brag about having 46 coats of hand rubbed paint on their car (that doesn't apply to this car) I usually get nervous because the only way that works is to sand each coat all the way down until the previous coat is almost reached. Too much paint is a terrible, terrible thing, and this car has too much paint.

The sales guy kept bragging on the original interior but the mylar is coming off the door panels and they are warped. The dash pad is good, and the carpet is faded. There is some sort of really weird package tray. Looks like someone stretched gauze over the shelf to hide the speakers.

The hood is not original and the grille has been modified from a '67 (pop rivets), but the fog lights have the "England" lenses without the E11 symbol so they appear to be original. Everything in the grille area is painted black.

I looked the car over pretty well but didn't put it on the rack so if anyone has any questions just holler.

This would be a good car for $15,000 but not for the $25,000 they want for it. The kid salesperson was willing to deal so it could probably be purchased for $20K but IMHO that's still too high for this 289, auto, no air, no consoles, no power, car.