• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS J code for sale

ClskMstg

I hate for my first post on the board to be a "for sale" post... I will do my best to drop in here from time to time and participate!

We have a GT/CS for sale. It's a red J code automatic with black standard interior, factory AC, black vinyl top, power steering, AM/FM radio, power disc brakes and styled steel wheels. The car is rust free, and came from a family in the pacific northwest that had the car for nearly 20 years. A Marti report is available if you would like it. Arlie felt like you guys would be interested in it, and I wanted to get it up here for you guys.

Price: $28,950

Click here for pictures and information.

If you have any questions... feel free to contact me at the contact information in my signature, or e-mail me at Andy@classicmustang.com

Thank you!

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

ClskMstg

I have the Marti Report. Arlie has a copy as well. It was Sunlit Gold originally. Yes, the rear latch is red... however, if you look in the trunk it appears that the car was gutted when the paint change was done. At least it was done correctly. The console was added as well as the disc brakes and the am/fm radio (It has the grills at the bottom of the door).

I have a .pdf of the Marti Report and would be more than happy to e-mail that to anybody that would like a copy and is interested in the car.

:smile:

Mosesatm

I have not seen the car in person but I have spoken to Andy and have seen a lot of pictures and I think this is a great looking car and I was seriously considering buying it. The price might be a little high but that's not really for me to say, even though I just did. As most of you know there were 2 reasons I didn't buy it. The first was that my wife likes aqua (our present GT/CS) better than red and the second is my weird phobia of color changes.

I think this car would make a great driver or a perfect starting point for a quasi-Little Red clone. A red J-code with a black vinyl top. All it would need is a '67 Shelby hood and grille.

OP
OP
C

ClskMstg

Mosesatm said:
I have not seen the car in person but I have spoken to Andy and have seen a lot of pictures and I think this is a great looking car and I was seriously considering buying it. The price might be a little high but that's not really for me to say, even though I just did. As most of you know there were 2 reasons I didn't buy it. The first was that my wife likes aqua (our present GT/CS) better than red and the second is my weird phobia of color changes.

I think this car would make a great driver or a perfect starting point for a quasi-Little Red clone. A red J-code with a black vinyl top. All it would need is a '67 Shelby hood and grille.

I appreciate your vote of confidence, Arlie. It's a great car... yes, it has had some changes... however, they are positive ones. The only change that is not original on the car... the last owner installed a working tach in the clock area on the instrument bezel. It has a running pony on it, and looks great. Most people would not even catch it.

Was this an "off the shelf" option you could get maybe? I'm real impressed at how it was done.