• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Happy Birthday Rob Campbell

somethingspecial

Hey Rob, Hope you have a great day and take one of those beautiful cars out today. Hope the weather up there is good enough and gives you a great birthday. Take care my friend. Mike

rvrtrash

Brother Rob!

Happy Birthday Bro! Hope you and the beautiful wife have a great Valentine's Day.

Steve

68sunlitgold

Rob,

HUGE Happy Birthday!! Hope you make it a fun day and it is not as 'snowy' as mine! Just think about it...everyone gets to celebrate your B-day with hearts and candy!

Doug

clubpro

Happy Birthday to my favorite Washington car guy. I think that it is time for another California visit :)

Cheers,

Ron

Powell

Happy Birthday Rob. Hope you have a wonderful day and perhaps a little drive in one of your cars.

robert campbell

Thanks all!!!! My birthday present was a success story on a head gasket and timing belt replacement on a 2.4 liter Twin Cam 1999 Dodge Stratus. Nothing more fun than a procedure that starts with "jack up car and remove front tire and inner wheel well stuff".

Took my time and marked every hose or sensor that came off with masking tape notes. What is so eerie is after the assembly there is no timing to set or anything. You just pray and hit the key. It started right up and purrs like a kitten. It was a freebie for a family member. The good thing in all of this is after the Honda I did this summer and this one, I am not so afraid to work on these sideways, pain it the butt, cars......

Only way to get to the front of the motor!

Once the intake is out things got a bit easier..... These cars are so weird....

robert campbell

The years are flying by for sure! I fully "retire" April 10 of this year. I can almost taste it!!! 59 years young!! 60 is the new 30!!!!

Funny how I feel just like I did when I was 20..... In my mind, not my body. But heck, I refuse to grow up!!!! Although my sports days are WAAYY over. I am just content with hiking, swimming, walking, and 5,000 RPM LAUNCHES AND BANGING THE 4 SPEED!!! Nothing like the smell of used up "Firestones" in the morning!!!

I think I am going to sell off my PATC AOD "dominator" for a TKO-500 or 600!!!

Rob

robert campbell

Joe,
It has few miles and I bucked up for the Lentech valve body that allows you to cancel the overdrive with a lighted switch in my console last year. Now it shifts just like a C4/C6. You can shift it manually through the all 4 gears. Although in all out racing you lock out the overdrive. Also has an aluminum deep pan. A have all the receipts. Mild 3,000 stall converter. You might want more than that.

It will come with all the parts to install in a Mustang. Including an oil cooler in front of the radiator and the cross member and 28 oz flexplate. Flexplate came from PATC and is a heavier unit. Speedo gear for a 3.9 ratio. You can have the AOD valve body for a paperweight.

I almost had a deal with Bill Frolic (nfrntau) but his was a Tremac 350 and I did not think it would take my HP or my abuse. I am interested in anyone that hates their 5 speed and wants an AOD in trade! Has to be a TKO 500 or 600.

Rob

joedls

Dont have a TKO, but would be interested in purchasing the AOD from you. PM me a price. Dont need the crossmember, the flexplate, or the converter.

Mustanger

Have a Happy Birthday!!! ... Hope your cake is good :thumb: ...

Attachments

• SheriffJohnBdayCakeCompressed.jpg
    SheriffJohnBdayCakeCompressed.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 15