• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Hello...Help! Looking for Insurance!

NiceGuy

good day guys!

I’m new here, i don't know which category i'm going to post. i'm shopping around for insurance and hoping I can get opinions from everybody here about which ones to avoid and which ones you have had a good experience with. somehow i was able to check http://www.insurancepaylite.com they have a couple of insurance company I was quoted for some price. the cost is good but still i need your suggestions to help me more to have an idea and choice to compare...
thank you so much...

still looking for one

Welcome!

Partly depends on what your needs are...if your'e talking about a '68 GT/CS do you have it only for show purposes and low mileage? If so, Hagerty is supposed to be a good bet. The price is REAL cheap, but it's not for someone looking to drive their car every day - for collector cars intended to be used as such.

Otherwise, I would contemplate one of the big ones you can trust like AAA or State Farm. At least with them you'll probably get them to honor your claim and pay off without a huge battle.

If it is a "mint" GT/CS you are speaking about, perhaps you might to think about "agreed value" insurance, ie, you and the insurer both AGREE on the final value of the car for insurance purposes, if worst comes to worst and the car is wrecked. Not every company offers that though.

From what I have heard Allstate is an example of a company that will pay a claim to your car or to you, but try every trick in the book to avoid paying 3rd parties.

You haven't said what kind of car you want insurance on, and whether your need is on policy premium to be cheap as possible. But other factors figure into your decision, you need to be clear on what your needs are!!

I was an insurance adjuster for the AAA many years ago for a short time, and what stories I could tell.

Jim B.