• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Help with tire size !!

miller511

Sheryl,

Just FYI- When I replaced all the suspension stuff on my CS a few years ago (with the Mustangs Plus purchased Grab-A-Track components) the stock coil springs that came out were thinner, with more coils than the new (thicker/less coils) springs. So, if you are replacing like-for-like coils, the cutting of one full coil would make sense to lower the front. Not sure what cutting one full coil will do on the thicker replacement coil springs.

-Jeff

whodat

I used 1" drop springs and a complete front end rebuild kit from MU. If you look at my gallery you can see how she sits. I also like the original color combination of your car.

OP
OP
Batgirl89

Batgirl89

Last edited:
OP
OP
Batgirl89

Batgirl89

here we are on level ground, with the helper spring

Attachments

• Unknown-7.jpg
    Unknown-7.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 38

miller511

Sheryl,

When you are ready to have the CS aligned (and any other work you need done on it), see Mark and Tim at MT Auto in town 925-294-9699. They are friends of ours and really know their stuff (especially old Fords)...and they are honest guys. They just got my '68CS running better than it has ever run. It may outrun my '07 GT/CS right now.
-Jeff

OP
OP
Batgirl89

Batgirl89

Jeff, thank you for telling me about MT auto, because I dont have a shop, and need a trustworthy one. Your CS is sounding awesome!(my husband wants a 347 stroker) We just dropped the car at Barry's, Winfield Tire, for the tires. He'll check the brakes too, pulling to the right alittle when I brake hard at high speed. the car is the money pit right now

Mosesatm

You say that like you think there will be a time when it won't be a money pit!!!

Attachments

• doglaugh.gif
    doglaugh.gif
    8.1 KB · Views: 123
OP
OP
Batgirl89

Batgirl89

you're right, I guess for a second I thought once I got it all done, it would be finished, but really I'll have to start over again! or like right now, we get something fixed, then something else stops working. Like put a new water pump in on friday. Now the fog lites dont work :cry:

OP
OP
Batgirl89

Batgirl89

finally she is home. Barry held her hostage doing the brakes. I love my new rims and tires.

my stripes are painted on, can someone send me a tracing of the GT/CS or tell me where to find a stencil of it or what to do. I want to get it on the scoops.

Attachments

• Unknown-11.jpg
    Unknown-11.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 56

franklinair

I'll check my 'stash' tomorrow. If I have that tape section (pretty sure I do) I'll send it to you.

Neil

miller511

Sheryl,

Rims and tires look good!! I have an extra set of white stripes in a box somewhere in the garage. Sounds like Neil's got you covered with the black GT/CS tape parts.

-Jeff

di81977

Looks great! However, the tires are on backwards:wink:

Any one with a HCS that has recently purchased a tape kit should have the extra GT/CS for the side scoops. It comes with the package, but is not used.

David

franklinair

Sheryl;
I've got the Left & Right GT/CS side scoop stripes (Black). PM me your address and I'll put them in the mail.

Neil