• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

How far away did you go to get your GT/CS?

Perkchiro

I found mine in Long Island, NY. Bought it off e-bay and had it trucked to me but the closest drop off point was Tulsa, OK and that is about 3 hours away. I trailered it back home to Nixa, MO.

BroadwayBlue

Perkchiro said:
I found mine in Long Island, NY. Bought it off e-bay and had it trucked to me but the closest drop off point was Tulsa, OK and that is about 3 hours away. I trailered it back home to Nixa, MO.

Hey Steve I didn't know your came from Long Island! Mine lived almost all it's life on Long Island. The 3 previous owners all lived on Long Island.
Original owner drove it from Arizona to LI, sold it to someone in Sayerville, LI and 2 years later in 89, the 3rd owner bought it on LI.

CALIF GIRL

390cs68rcode said:
I know just about the only person who owns/owned CS's in Ridgecrest. As a matter of fact I bought my first CS from the same person in Ridgecrest. I also bought another car from the same person. He sure has a great eye for original cars!

My GT/CS was sold at Desert Motors in Ridgecrest. I bought it In 1981 in Ridgecrest and it still lives in Ridgecrest.

68gt390

I flew from Columbus, OH to Seattle , WA to get mine. Car was originally sold out of the Seattle area with a DSO of 74 and evidently spent it's entire life in the Seattle area. Had it shipped back to Ohio inside an enclosed hauler. I figured with a cast on my leg and it being winter I wasn't about to take a chance of driving it back to Ohio. Besides, with the shape the engine was in, I don't think it would of made it.

Don

Perkchiro

BroadwayBlue said:
Hey Steve I didn't know your came from Long Island! Mine lived almost all it's life on Long Island. The 3 previous owners all lived on Long Island.
Original owner drove it from Arizona to LI, sold it to someone in Sayerville, LI and 2 years later in 89, the 3rd owner bought it on LI.

Rich: I don't know any of the history on my car. Wish I did. It's DSO was Phoenix originally. How it ended up in LI NY, I'll probably never know. It was sold by a dealer on a consignment from a restoration shop. From what I could understand, the owner wanted the restoration shop to fix up the car, however the shop ended up owning it and putting it up for sale. Strange situation for sure. Anyway, I'm happy to have it and as a matter of fact, I took it for it's first maiden voyage on Friday afternoon. What a kick to finally drive it after two years of restoration!

Diesel Donna

Perkchiro said:
Rich: I don't know any of the history on my car. Wish I did. It's DSO was Phoenix originally. How it ended up in LI NY, I'll probably never know. It was sold by a dealer on a consignment from a restoration shop. From what I could understand, the owner wanted the restoration shop to fix up the car, however the shop ended up owning it and putting it up for sale. Strange situation for sure. Anyway, I'm happy to have it and as a matter of fact, I took it for it's first maiden voyage on Friday afternoon. What a kick to finally drive it after two years of restoration!

WHOA!!! What fun that must have been!

Perkchiro

Diesel Donna said:
WHOA!!! What fun that must have been!

Yeah DD, it was really fun. At about 50 mph, I began to wonder if I'd torqued all the bolts correctly:eek: , but no sqeeks, shuddlers or squeals so I guess it's good to go. Too bad winter is upon us, that really cuts into my drive time. Looking forward to Spring already.

PFSlim

We did not have to go far to get ours. We live in the north part of Kansas City, MO and went to south Kansas City, KS to pick up ours. Maybe 50 miles one way.

Paul

Canuck CSter

Picked mine up in Salt Lake City in 87 when I was playing pro hockey there..

Was a mustang fan, but never seen a CS let alone driven an s code 4 sp, after taking it out for a test drive in the desert and trip to 6 oclock on the speedo.

I brought it back and gave the man the full 5 K he wanted..

Been with me ever since, tho i
haven't driven it much, it's still mine and admired even if it's only by me.

DR in Ottawa

Mustanglvr

Canuck CSter said:
Picked mine up in Salt Lake City in 87 when I was playing pro hockey there..

Was a mustang fan, but never seen a CS let alone driven an s code 4 sp, after taking it out for a test drive in the desert and trip to 6 oclock on the speedo.

I brought it back and gave the man the full 5 K he wanted..

Been with me ever since, tho i
haven't driven it much, it's still mine and admired even if it's only by me.

DR in Ottawa

Post pictures already Dale! I will, if you want. I still have them.:grin:

njmop

Belmar NJ (East Coast Beach) to Riverside CA (West Coast). Saw it on classiccartrader.com, called, flew and bought it in less than a weekend. Shipped it here to NJ. $7Kplus the ship for a rust free driver driver in great shape. Still love the deal.

BroadwayBlue

Perkchiro said:

Hey Steve,
That's pretty wild that both our cars started with a Phoenix DSO and both ended up in Long Island! What are the chances of that?
Rich

Mustanglvr

BroadwayBlue said:
Hey Steve,
That's pretty wild that both our cars started with a Phoenix DSO and both ended up in Long Island! What are the chances of that?
Rich

Maybe the first owners were relatives?

gt bandit

OK - In my frequent travels (i am actually typing this while flying over Russia en-route back from the US via Asia - don't you just love this Airborne Wireless Broad band Internet thing) I missed this topic.
Most of you know my story so i will keep it short. basically seen the car on Ebay , but I am a drive it test it kind of buyer. So during my next work visit to the states , I took the weekend off to fly from Wisconsin to Austin TX (don't tell my boss) booked into the Holiday Inn and started to track down the seller - after pleasantry's were exchanged and his disbelief that I actually came subsided , it was down to the business end of getting the bad boy on to the interstate. around 30 mins later , we exchanged the reddies - but i had to leave the car with him. A nervous 6 months later that Bad Boy finally arrived down under and I haven't stopped smiling yet.
The straight line distance between Austin and Belmont Perth Airport is approximately 10459 miles or 16833 kilometers. But I reckon i travelled at least 3 times that number , got the flyer miles to prove it.

aemoo28

I traveled a total distance of 2462 miles, using 3 flatbed trucks, 2 rescuers and 2 different drivers to get my Special out of El Segundo, Cal to Northern Wa State and into my garage.

GT/CS S Code

Local area car ...

Our GT/CS was sold in Vancouver, B.C., Canada and has remained out here on the West Coast of B.C. for all of it's life. It was here in Victoria when purchased by my best friend 10 years ago, borrowed and used as our wedding car 9 years ago, then sold to me last November to be Laurie's suprise Christmas present. My friend Terry was diagnosed with cancer last year and just passed away about a month ago at the far too young age of only 57 years.
As I type this we're getting things ready for tomorrow morning, as we'll be driving his ashes up the Malahat Drive just outside of Victoria in our GT/CS Mustang and will then scatter them in a very special location that had great sentimental meaning for both Terry and his wife Sue. I'm just about to place his ashes in the Mustang so that they'll be ready to go on his final drive early tomorrow morning.
The mileage from his house up in Cobble Hill to drive down here to our house in Victoria when I bought our car is only about 20 miles or so, but the amount of sentimental "mileage" this car has for us is much greater!

ironhorse

I went from Calgary, Alberta, Canada, to Camp Verde, Arizona to pick mine up in 2000 ... can't remember the distance but it was quite an adventure!
Kevin

green56

bought our car from florida we flew to see car took it for a ride had it shipped up to Wisconsin at Thanksgiving in 07 cold and snow