• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

I have a GT/CS patch

P

PNewitt

ahem! "Patches? we don't need no stinkin' pat-ches!!"

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

I once bought a patch from some folks at aa swap meet in the L.A. area that was white with blue words "California Special". It's on my Ford Motorsport bragging jacket with all kinds of stuff- including a Marchal patch, Pony Drive, etc..

If you keep this a secret, I'm looking into making patches to go with the new book....but don't tell anyone, OK?

Paul N. :-X

OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

Paul N.

Your secret is safe with me, gosh I won't tell a soul! Uh...can we get them to match the color of our cars? How about some earrings?? ;D Silver please...and a matching necklace would be great. I want another of those tee shirts you used to have too,wasn't that you that had them? A 'girl' shirt please...dang I am so tired of rod run tee shirts. I'm probably out of luck here as I think we ladies are outnumbered on this site.But if it was a 'girl' shirt maybe then your wives would wear them to match the guys shirts.

I was at a birthday party last night and some teen girls had on scoop neck tops that had the running pony logo on it and from neck to waist it said I WANT A PONY over and over. Girls said they got them at J C Penney and another at Kohl's or Target. Of course I was in a cowboy town and the shirts meant real horses to those girls.

So Paul?? SHIRTS PLEASE! Light green with white stripes. ;D ;)

GIDDY~UP!

~~~~Donna

OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

Almost forgot....I was at Pomona Swap Meet for the last two days and the guy that sold me those CS patches was there . Still didn't have any more GT/CS ones so maybe I did find a rare thing!

I also saw a really bad attempt at a fake CS. Reeeeally bad. All it had on it was the deck lid. The end caps were terrible, the hood had an inch of cracked bondo on it and the whole car was primer gray. And it sold! Oh it was so nasty. :-[

meadowsdk28

[quote author=Diesel Donna link=board=1;threadid=2069;start=15#msg14003 date=1125301115]
Almost forgot....I was at Pomona Swap Meet for the last two days and the guy that sold me those CS patches was there . Still didn't have any more GT/CS ones so maybe I did find a rare thing!

I also saw a really bad attempt at a fake CS. Reeeeally bad. All it had on it was the deck lid. The end caps were terrible, the hood had an inch of cracked bondo on it and the whole car was primer gray. And it sold! Oh it was so nasty. :-[

[/quote]

Donna,
Just out of curiousity, what did it sell for?

OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

Meadows,

Sorry, I don't know. I looked at the car but another guy who was talking to me later that day told me it sold.
The car was pretty rough.

OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

Here is a picture of that GT/CS patch I found. I hope the pic came through.

OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

GTCS Patch picture

I forgot all about posting this picture of the patch, sorry!

Attachments

• GTCS patch  RESIZED.JPG
    GTCS patch RESIZED.JPG
    11.7 KB · Views: 29

68gt390

Hey Donna, you know what they say - better late than never. And by the way, your right that is a little bigger than a pastie but, I bet it works good. Almost forgot - niece looking patch. :grin:

Don

OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

Hmmm, I KNEW there was some reason I shouldn't have posted in this thread again! LOL!! :grin: I am sooooo tempted to say something right now but my good sense tells me to refrain. :lipsseal:

P

PNewitt

As you know, I've been kickin' around the idea of a 3" patch of the GT/CS Registry logo, in gold, black and white.

But when I did the survey, it didn't get a lot of response.

If you did have such a patch, what would you do with it? Do you have a Mustang Jacket?

By the way, Donna, who's the babe-model in your Avatar photo? She looks familiar....(??)

Paul N.

OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

PNewitt said:
As you know, I've been kickin' around the idea of a 3" patch of the GT/CS Registry logo, in gold, black and white.

But when I did the survey, it didn't get a lot of response.

If you did have such a patch, what would you do with it? Do you have a Mustang Jacket?

By the way, Donna, who's the babe-model in your Avatar photo? She looks familiar....(??)

Paul N.

I guess I forgot to vote for the patch you mentioned. I would want a few.
What would I do with it??? Oooohhh I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you....
I do not have a Mustang brag jacket but that patch and the one I have would make a good start for a collection.
Paul...that babe~model is.....WONDER WOMAN! Hahahaaa she was 27 years old then and going to her 10 year class reunion. Her sister insisted on taking pictures. :icon_heyb

68gt390

Donna;
Such violence on the internet. Keep that up and I'll have to send you the whole Zappa album. :rofl:

I almost forgot, I vote for a patch to.

Don :lipsseal:

OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

Don,
I would double dog dare ya but...you would do it! :tongue: Don't forget I will be traveling through your town soon...very soon....:grin: I will hunt you down.

Paul N.,
Will the patches be round like the sticker you made a bazillion years ago?

PFSlim

Paul N.

I like the patch idea as well, but can't remember if I voted for it or not. I don't know what I would do with it other than show it and keep it with the car.

That being said, I like the sticker idea really well. My car does not have one and would love to have one to show on the car!!!

Paul

Mustanglvr

I have a cool Mustang 40th Anniversary jacket I bought off the internet I would put the patch on. I would love to have a sticker for my car too.

68gt390

Diesel Donna said:
Don,
I would double dog dare ya but...you would do it! :tongue: Don't forget I will be traveling through your town soon...very soon....:grin: I will hunt you down.
QUOTE]

Donna;
That's OK, I'm not a hard person to find. Hopefully when you come through this time I'll have the new motor in and have the CS on the road. And your right I would do it. Kinda reminds me of the old underground radio days. :grin:

Don