• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 I knew I could find it!

Timmknz

Here is the only photo I have of our car in 1969. My folks kept this car until 1978 (Right after I turned 16. Yes, I was fortunate enough to drive this car!). Note the wheel covers and pinstripes over the top of the fender line. I also remember it was a 289, auto, had AC, but it was the add on type with the cooling air coming out of a unit on the floor directly in front of the shifter. It also had the remote mirror control. No center console or overhead. This was Grandview, Wa, 1969

Tim

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 65
OP
OP
Timmknz

Timmknz

I also remember

why the california special script on the drivers side was missing- my brother's doing I believe- something about an unexpected trip through a vineyard..... but anyway- they were replaced shortly afterwards.
Ah yes, the wonderful memories of the times.
This was my ride then....guess I always did have a thing for green!
Tim

Attachments

• scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 43

somethingspecial

Ah yes, the good old schwinn with the banana seat, ape hanger handlebars and the sissy bar. That brings back memories. I put many a mile behind the wheel of one of those. Mike

J.Bart

why the california special script on the drivers side was missing- my brother's doing I believe- something about an unexpected trip through a vineyard..... but anyway- they were replaced shortly afterwards.
Ah yes, the wonderful memories of the times.
This was my ride then....guess I always did have a thing for green!
Tim

did the bycycle have a slick for a rear tire??????
it looks like one my brother had, and i remember a slick on the rear

OP
OP
Timmknz

Timmknz

The Skoot

Didn't have a slick until after I mastered the hand brake for the rear- then it only took me about a day....:grin:

Ruppstang

Here is the only photo I have of our car in 1969. My folks kept this car until 1978 (Right after I turned 16. Yes, I was fortunate enough to drive this car!). Note the wheel covers and pinstripes over the top of the fender line. I also remember it was a 289, auto, had AC, but it was the add on type with the cooling air coming out of a unit on the floor directly in front of the shifter. It also had the remote mirror control. No center console or overhead. This was Grandview, Wa, 1969

Tim

Tim our HCS had the accent stripe as well. I found it on our Marti report and wondered what it looked like with the GT-CS stripe. Was a accent stripe listed on your Marti Report? Marty

Diesel Donna

Ah yes, the good old schwinn with the banana seat, ape hanger handlebars and the sissy bar. That brings back memories. I put many a mile behind the wheel of one of those. Mike

Yep! I took a header on my brother's stingray bike and landed on my face and broke my jaw among other things, after getting into a high speed wobble while ripping down a steep hill. But hey! I got a ride in a VERY cool ambulance!! (circa 1968).
I think that's how it all got started.....

OP
OP
Timmknz

Timmknz

Accent Stripe

Marty-
Unfornately, I do not have any documentation on the car, so far i have been unable to locate anything with the VIN or any possible matches within the registry to try to match up and get a Marti. It may be in a barn, or it may be gone- I just don't know.
Tim