• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Ice in Missouri

PFSlim

Most all of us in the midwest are dealing with serious ice storms. Hope everyone is doing fine and staying safe!!

Paul

Attachments

• calspec8.jpg
    calspec8.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 58

ahainline

Great pic... The ice is dangerous enough but I would be more worried about the salt etc if there is any out. Hope all if well out that way. I recieved a flyer today at work(insurance company) talking about all the damage out there.

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

Here is another shot.

I only drove it about a block, in slow motion, then back home again. Might try to go back out again later to get some evening shots.

Paul

Attachments

• calspec3.jpg
    calspec3.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 43

Perkchiro

Hey Paul: Looks familiar. We had that nasty stuff last year. We dodged a bullet here in Southern MO. Hope you stay safe and warm and as others have said, don't risk driving in the salt and on the slippery ice!!!!!

sam

Very pretty car...looks awesome with the ice background. Here in New England, we haven't been hit with a good one yet. My Cal Spec was put to bed 3rd week in November. I absolutely won't drive her in the winter with the salt they put down on the road. Hope the weather warms up for you.
Sam

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

Okay. So I said that was the last one but I didn't mean it. I went back out for one more setting.

I think the reflection in this shot off the car is unreal. Interested in everyone elses comments about these set of photo's. I have some ideas to get a shot framed, but would like to pick out the best of this set.

By the way, these photo's were taken right here in our neighborhood. It is a lake community where there are still plenty of old trees and good neighbors.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Attachments

• DSC01523.jpg
    DSC01523.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 47

joedls

Beautiful pics and a beautiful car, Paul!!!! I see a calendar pic in there somewhere for next year's calendar.

68gt390

Paul;
And people told me at Hooter's here on Ohio last week I was nuts for driving mine in snow flurries!!!!! You do what you gotta do. I'm glad to see there is someone else just as crazy as I am. Drive it Paul that's why we rebuild um.

I've attached a few pics from our last ice storm here in ohio. Enjoy. I took these at work. Bottom line - be safe and stay warm.

Don :grin:

Attachments

• MVC-021S.JPG
    MVC-021S.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 36
  • MVC-026S.JPG
    MVC-026S.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 34
  • MVC-020S.JPG
    MVC-020S.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

rvrtrash

Hey guys, hello from Oklahoma. They got hammered by ice storms here also. Trees are snapping all over the place. I don't think anyone here knows how to drive in this stuff! They actually close stuff down if they get 1" of snow! :eek:

Steve

Midnight Special

Paul;
You do what you gotta do. I'm glad to see there is someone else just as crazy as I am. Drive it Paul that's why we rebuild um.

Don :grin:

...Yeah, you don't go thru tires so fast, but just don't over-rev it Don ...and be safe! I agree w/ Joe too - December calendar pic next year! Or "August" should we get another heat wave and want something to look forward to ;-)

Diesel Donna

So beautiful and so deadly looking Paul! Wow....just stunning pictures. My sister's place in near Joplin got hammered too, lost a lot....

Talk about "Ice Blue" !!

P

PNewitt

Ice Station Zebra?

Hey Paul!

Pretty severe check 'dere, to see if your heater is working! BRRR!! LOL!

What an awesome sight--like the snow filled rooms in the movie "Dr. Zhivago".

From your photos, I can hear the dead silence of the trees and ice, yet the mild rumbling of your Ford there, too.

I really feel sorry for those without power & heat in the midwest from the ice storms.

Paul N.

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

Many thanks to everyone that posted about the pictures. We were lucky. We only lost power for about 5 hours (during the day). I know of people that lost power for a lot longer. Great day today and had some heat from Big Red. Ice started to drop which is good. We have another storm system coming for Fri night and Sat with more ice and mostly snow.

Welcome to the Midwest, we wouldn't have it any other way!!

Paul

hotrodgrany

Very awsome pics, but it makes me even shiver, but I have my 07 GT/CS bedded down for the moment, I hate the word chemichals and definatly not on either of my Stangs. Hay, I have driven in snow with mine, but before they put that stuff on the streets here. I totaly agree with a winter pic on a calendar, I can see it now.

PonyGal

Hey Paul,

Great pics, but it sure looks cold!! Glad I live in California and I promise I won't complain about a little frost anymore!

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

In my opinion, you have to drive them when you can. Otherwise, I could use the garage space. In Feb of every year, (just before World of Wheels) we get the GT/CS and AC Cobra's in for our annual cleanup. Car goes on the lift, everything gets cleaned, touched up, undercoating checked, oil changed, - the works.

Currently, my brothers red AC Cobra is on the lift getting new powdercoating on side pipes and headers. We have pretty much taken what we can off the car to do a complete clean-up and restoration. The car is now 5 years old, so it can use alittle elbow grease.

Paul

Attachments

• DSC00290.jpg
    DSC00290.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 14