• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 if you're gonna ask $55k for your gt/cs.....

mbsf1970

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 82

robert campbell

Stephen,
We have seen a few of these instances over the years. There is possible evidence that some GT/CS's came from the factory this way, we assume by accident. Templates were put on the car to drill the holes in the quarter after the main car was assembled and they may have been mixed up side to side.

The indicator on this car would be to decode the sheet metal date codes and see if this quarter is in a range of the build date and the rest of the sheet metal. If it is, then it is a good possibility that it is original and may have came this way. And to make it even harder just because the date code is a lot older, that does not mean it was not sitting on a shelf in a back room.

Ah the fun.....

Rob

BroadwayBlue

Both CS's I have owned have been this way and both on the passenger side. (not my doing, purchased that way) :cool:

I see it very often. There is an old thread on the site where we discussed the possibility that they could have been factory errors.

BroadwayBlue

please excuse my newbie-ness:tongue:
Stephen

No apology necessary! :icon_no:

Replies weren't meant as a "you should know better" at all!
Don't take it that way.

Just sharing the knowledge we have gained over the years as we often do, so get used to it. :cool:

Most of that knowledge learned from this great site and others sharing.