• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Is this a good deal for Trunk lid/end caps?

gazrox

It really depends on how they fit. I bought aftermarket endcaps and will probably spend more than they cost to make them fit right, so I may have been better off waiting to find some original pieces, and paid the extra $$.

I just went through this with replacing quarters - after fitting the first one, decided to go NOS for the second one. It cost a lot more but I saved $$ because the repop quarter cost so much trying to get it to fit. The NOS quarter fit perfectly.

Go NOS or used wherever you can - its cheaper in the long run.

Mosesatm

These look like standard pieces from Mustangs Unlimited, so you may want to check the price against the other Mustang parts vendors. R&R, Branda, NPD, etc.

PFSlim

I bought mine from Branda. They did take alot of work to make them fit but I still think they were good pieces.

Paul

PFSlim

ArmyGuy

Are you looking for a plain 68 decklid or a Cal Spec decklid? Same question on fender extensions??

As for GT/CS stuff, about the only place I would know is to buy them new - as listed above and then work on them to make them fit. I don't know that anyone has used, if that is what you are looking for.

Paul