• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale It comes to this

Mustanglvr

Don't be spreading hatred on these forums please. Nobody cares to hear how bad Nazis or Californians may be.

OP
OP
Minnesota_Mustang_Nutt

Minnesota_Mustang_Nutt

Well since he is changing the facts to make himself feel better, I guess i should include the rebuttle. The asking price was 14K. When I found out that the shipping was going to be $1500 I "asked" if there was any room for negotiation. It was he who offered to sell it to me for $13K. I only asked if it was possible and he named the price not me. We were agreed on $13K before i made any reservations. A day and a half later is when he emails me and said he changed his mind and wanted the full $14K and before i even responded, he puts it on Ebay with a closing date before my trip was planned. So he obvioulsly had no intention of selling me the car because if he did Why was it listed on Ebay before I even responded. When I did respond, I was even willing to give him the 14K until I saw the Ebay listing. That was the kicker for me and i told him so. If anyone would like, I would be glad to post all the emails, of course his naming the 13K was over the phone so i can not prove that. What I find even more interesting is that now he has a "buy it now" on ebay for less than the 14K. All he has managed to do is lose a definate sale and piss me off for absolutely no reason. And the way his Ebay listing is going, it looks like he won't even get the 13K. I really do not know what his problem is except that his word means nothing and now he is trying to twist the facts to excuse his actions. With an email address of Himmler_SS, what can you expect! NAZI's never were very good at telling the truth. I would be willing to sware on the bible or take a lie detector test to prove i am telling the truth. I wonder if he would be willing to do the same? Some how I do not think so. It is easy to lie until you have to prove it. Since he has unjustly defamed my character and honor, i feel that he should be willing to take a polygraph test, or at the very least, sware it to a priest. Of course NAZI's do not believe in god. Like I said, What goes around comes around, and he will now get it double. First the actions and now lyeing about it. Mayby he can explain why he listed it on Ebay even after i agreed to pay him the extra money. Even though I felt he was breaking his word and would usually of ended the transaction there and then, I had already made the reservations and I was willing to still proceed until i saw the Ebay listing. So by all means let him explain that!

I can only hop the rest of you never have to deal with someone like him. He could have had his full price, but was so greedy that he listed it on Ebay thinking he would get even more than the $14K knowing that I had non refundable reservations. Had it not been for that, i would have still gone through with the transaction even though i thought it was pretty chickenshit to ask for another $1000 after he named the price and we both agreed to it and after my reservations were made. I guess he thought he had me over a barrel and in fact he did. But when I saw that Ebay listing I about blew my lid. That was the final straw. He can try and twist things anyway he wants, but he knows the truth and he is the one that will have to live with himself for being an dishonorable person.By the way, I am still willing to buy the car for the 13K that HE offered to sell it for and I told him that as well. He did not even bother to respond. The $1000 penalty was because of the Ebay listing and the fact that he was the one who offered it for that price.

When i asked if there was any negoiating room I really did not expect any more than a $500 drop, but he imediately said $13K, so of course i sad yes.

As for being a rich Californian. First of all, I am a disabled seinor citizen living on Social Securuty as is my wife. I do not think you could call us wealthy by any streatch of the imagination. In fact i would say that we are closer to being poor. And as for shipping, How many of you would want to ship a 43 year old car from Minnesota at this time of year in an open carrier. I am sure he does not care as the car would no longer be his. But with blizzards and hail and heavy rain and snow going on for most of the 2000 mile trip, I would think any sane person would choose an enclosed carrier. Again, he is trying to twist the story to make it sound like i was making all kinds of demands. If i want to pay for an enclosed carrier that is my choice. I did not demand he lower the price, I only asked and he did not even hesitate when he named $13K. I would have been extreamely happy with $13500, but it was he who came up with the $13K price not me! Now he is willing to take $13500 on his enay listing. So you really have to wonder why he made such a big hullabalu over $500 in the first place. He had a sure thing with all the pieces in place and for $500 not only lost it, but got himself a ton of bad Karma. Go Figure!

Mike

Mike,
I still want to sell you the car. I will take the 13k if you are still interested. If not I understand. I do not want any bad blood between us or anyone else here. Please let me know so I can end the auction before it sells. I hope we can patch things up and finish the deal.
Steve

390cs68rcode

picard-sigh.jpg

Mosesatm

Mike,
I still want to sell you the car. I will take the 13k if you are still interested. If not I understand. I do not want any bad blood between us or anyone else here. Please let me know so I can end the auction before it sells. I hope we can patch things up and finish the deal.
Steve

Cool, it sounds like a win-win!

OP
OP
Minnesota_Mustang_Nutt

Minnesota_Mustang_Nutt

I also want to apologize to anyone I may have offended by insulting people from California. Just repeating what the wife said. (After 15 years, I should have learned by now)
Again, I am sorry to everyone here, and especially Mike. Really wish we can work things out.

Steve

gofastguy

Although it looks like a pretty decent car, I would NOT be inclined to go ahead with the transaction, but that's just me...

miller511

As many of you have, I've been following this thread and realizing what a drag this was by how quickly things went south.
I have to admit that the rich Cali comment pissed me off.
So, as Jason's image of Cpt. Picard would say "Make it so!!"
C'mon Mike, look forward to a sweet CS in your garage and some really great stories about how it almost didn't happen. Sounds like MNN is willing to meet you all the way.

mike in CA

I have sent an email accepting his apology. I checked into getting another flight and the original dates are only available for triple the price, so I will need to find another date that has the same cost as the value of my original tickets. Even with that, they are going to charge me an extra $150 just for changing the original reservation. Plus, since i can not go on the same date, I also lose the $70 for the rental car reservation as well. Since Steve is in a time crunch to have the car sold, i am not sure i can get there to check out the car and arrange to have it picked up in time for his move. There are a lot of if's at this point, but i am willing to give it a try if he is. I am awaiting an answer to my e-mail.

Mike

OP
OP
Minnesota_Mustang_Nutt

Minnesota_Mustang_Nutt

I have sent an email accepting his apology. I checked into getting another flight and the original dates are only available for triple the price, so I will need to find another date that has the same cost as the value of my original tickets. Even with that, they are going to charge me an extra $150 just for changing the original reservation. Plus, since i can not go on the same date, I also lose the $70 for the rental car reservation as well. Since Steve is in a time crunch to have the car sold, i am not sure i can get there to check out the car and arrange to have it picked up in time for his move. There are a lot of if's at this point, but i am willing to give it a try if he is. I am awaiting an answer to my e-mail.

Mike

Well Mike and I tried, but couldnt get it to work. The whole thing comes down to me needing the money by a certain day to put down on a house so we dont lose it. I relisted it on ebay with a BIN price of only 11k. I have nobody to blame but myself.
Thanks for trying Mike, and again I am sorry.
Steve