• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Keeping Cool

marie68csmustangs

Summer is in full swing around here in Sacramento We have a hot streak with temps in the 100s Yeah, it's going to be 106 tommrrow.. My question to all of you is: How hot is it where you live? and it's it too hot What do you do to keep cool? I like swimming and playing on the computer indoors..

Marie

Diesel Donna

Hmmm , Where I live it is usually 100 degrees all night long. Daytime temps get up to 122 and once we got 128 and tee shirts were sold to commemorate it! This would typically be July and August. Throw in some monsoon storms that crop up any time of day or night. I am on the Colorado River/Lake Havasu so I either get in the water or stay inside where I keep it like an icebox. Telling me that this heat is a 'dry heat' is like saying Rhonda's winter is a 'dry cold', LOL!! We still have humidity but not like in the South. :torch:

Perkchiro

Yep, throw in that humidity and be miserable all the more. Here in SW Missouri, our temp today was 99 degrees, but they say with the "heat index" it was like 108. The air was "thick" and it was literally hard to breath outside. A serious health risk for many. Cooler temps prevail over the week-end. I can't wait!

Steve