• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Left turn signal not working properly

L8GR868

I am working on my C/S, and the left turn signal tail light comes on but dose not flash. The sockets are not in the best condition. The light on the hood comes on but is dim. The right signal comes on and works properly. When I turn on the hazard lights all the lights work properly. Any ideas? Thank you for any help.

Bobsdad

Maybe a bad relay? It sounds like something may have affected the bimetallic strip and it's not curling as it should to create the break in circuit (flashing).

I remember when I installed LED taillights that the lower power draw wasn't enough to cause flashing in the relay. Perhaps it's possible you've got low power upstream of the relay.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
L8GR868

L8GR868

I had a LED light bulb in the front turn signal. I took it out and replaced it with an incandescent bulb and it now works. I have a flasher to make the tail lights sequential... but cant even see the flasher. The car has A/C and is full of wires and vacuum hoses. Any ideas on how to get to the flasher relay?

franklinair

For access to the Flashers (Turn Signal + Emerg Flasher) you must remove the Instrument Cluster, and to do that you must first remove the AC/HTR Control Panel.

Neil

speedy02

c1f08ab2-fcad-436c-be99-aec9b3f2bf91-jpeg.781518

img_4303-jpg.903567

Last edited:

speedy02

Once you have them installed you may see slower blinks on the hood and front valance. Reason your waiting on the three bulbs from the sequential to complete their cycle. I removed the system from my car because I didn't think the slow blinkers on the front was a good idea.

OP
OP
L8GR868

L8GR868

Thank you all for your help! Very much apricated!

franklinair

I don't believe sequential Turn Lights are correct for CSs. I purchased Plasma LED's from WCCC as well as the solid state flashers. Their Plasma LEDs are the brightest.

Neil

Attachments

• 066.JPG
    066.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 10