• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1966-67 HCS Let's talk BRAKES

BOSS3024ME

OK I am leaning heavy on new front drum to disc conversion, the car is a skeleton and after some media blasting and such we will start the ground up on her.

So tell me what works and what does not work....what should I do for the front disc conversion?

Should I go to power booster?

Ant input would be great....

And by the way I found the plugs and got the engine feed harness out! Yeah!

Mosesatm

If you convert to disc brakes you pretty much need to add a power booster. It's not a true requirement but you won't believe how much pressure it takes to stop a non-assisted disc brake car!

franklinair

DEFINITELY power booster whether you add discs or stay with drums. In the past I opted to remain with drums, and add the PB booster. Works great. Cost is significantly less than disc conversion.

Neil

Attachments

• 212.jpg
    212.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 29

dalorzo_f

IMHO if you go for discs use one of the OEM style kits available. While "small" and "low tech" compared to many of the Wilwood, etc aftermarket setups, they will bolt in with no issues and work very well for normal driving (as do properly maintained/serviced drums)...

Ruppstang

IMHO if you go for discs use one of the OEM style kits available. While "small" and "low tech" compared to many of the Wilwood, etc aftermarket setups, they will bolt in with no issues and work very well for normal driving (as do properly maintained/serviced drums)...

+1 Marty