• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Lime Gold GT/CS - Nearing Completion

Russ

Well, my goal was to have the car completed by the end of January, and I'm pleased to report that just the trim items and stripes need to be installed for the car to be finished. It FINALLY looks like a car!!! As I said in an earlier post, snow fell hard in Flagstaff last week (we still have 3 feet on the ground!) so I have not been able to take the car out for a drive.

In the last few days, I have installed the A/C hoses and the hot air tube to the carb. I also installed the front bumper brackets, the grill surround, Lucas fog lights, the grill and front valance. I used the original hardware on the grill as the repro hardware is nothing like the original items. I pre-fit the front bumper, but will install it after the car gets its final buffing. All the name badging and black GT/CS stripes will be put on after the buffing also. I'm hopeful I can drive the car before too long, but mother nature has to cooperate for that to happen.

My next project is the restoration of a 1914 Model T Ford runabout, but I'll probably post progress on that project on a different website. Thanks again to everyone for the support and positive comments.

Russ

Attachments

• Lee-Tate XI 001.jpg
    Lee-Tate XI 001.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 75
  • Lee-Tate XI 003.jpg
    Lee-Tate XI 003.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 69
  • Lee-Tate XI 004.jpg
    Lee-Tate XI 004.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 67
  • Lee-Tate XI 011.jpg