• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Lucas fog light value?

rossmeade

I have a set of original Lucas fog lamps that came off of a 68 CS. They say england on the back. I know they are rare and I have a guy that wants to buy them from me, but I have no idea what they are worth. Does anybody have a clue what to ask for them. I got them from my uncle who bought the car new but sold it 30 years ago but still had them in a bucket of parts he gave me for my car, they need cleaned up but all in tact. I would appreciate any input.

Mosesatm

There are early models and late models so I'd need to see a photo of the bottoms, where the wires enter the housing to be able to give you an estimate.

The late models are now being reproduced and are available for around $300.

OP
OP
R

rossmeade

Here are some pictures, thanks.

Attachments

• HPIM8654.jpg
    HPIM8654.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 59
  • HPIM8657.jpg
    HPIM8657.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 51

Mosesatm

Those are the early (rare) ones. If they clean up perfectly someone in dire need of the correct lights might pay well over $300 but I think on any given day on eBay you're looking at $250 or so.

IMHO, the value problem is that the later lights look exactly like the early ones except for the rubber grommet so most folks are happy using the later lights. In other words, the supply of the early lights is low but so is the demand.

Mosesatm

This auction is for the correct early lights and early covers. What these sell for should give you a good idea of the value of yours.

azbeneman

The lights in that auction have short (stubby) mounting brackets. Are those correct for GTCSs? All the photos I have seen on this site have taller mounting brackets.

I'm sure this has been covered, but what gives? Did some GTCSs come with those short mounts?

Azbeneman

Duker

Got a story from up here.

Went to cruise night last year and a guy had a Black 68 GT/CS 390 that he has raced for years. He got the car a total restoration, new 1/4"s, fenders, ect, nice paint, weatherstripping the works.

He needed the Lucas Lights with the stems. He paid $1200 Canadian with no covers. I thought he was crazy but he loves his GT/CS. Who am I to judge.

People love to see these cars up here if they get the chance and they always value them off the grid, I mean high $$$$.:icon_ecst

Duker