• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Memorial Day

hotrodgrany

I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable Memorial Day week end. Must we never forget.

Attachments

• remember-us.gif
    remember-us.gif
    42.1 KB · Views: 58

Timmknz

I agree!

Take some time to take your really cool GT/CS to a cemetery this weekend. See if you can find a grave of a veteran that obviously has nobody looking after it and maybe give it a little clean up and some flowers. Most of the cemeteries provide flags for the veterans' graves, but you may want to check.
I know it would sure comfort my memory to know a fellow American with a classic American car would take that time for me.

Thanks
TSgt. (Ret) Tim McKenzie
20 years United States Air Force
Loyal GT/CS owner and driver since 1978

OP
OP
hotrodgrany

hotrodgrany

Take some time to take your really cool GT/CS to a cemetery this weekend. See if you can find a grave of a veteran that obviously has nobody looking after it and maybe give it a little clean up and some flowers. Most of the cemeteries provide flags for the veterans' graves, but you may want to check.
I know it would sure comfort my memory to know a fellow American with a classic American car would take that time for me.

Thanks
TSgt. (Ret) Tim McKenzie
20 years United States Air Force
Loyal GT/CS owner and driver since 1978
reply to this, last year we took mine to the cemetaries, but only because my husband left his truck at work. I intend on doing this again this year, great idea, I guess I never thought of it before. I always visit my Uncles every year, as they usually put flags where people in that cemetry were in or died in the service are burried. This brings back memories when I attended the ceremonies at the National Cemetary in Phoenix,Aizonia. This was a very motional event. You see, my Brother in law is buried there and will find it in a picture here. Here are some pictures on that day of 2001. Just add a cemetary my Sister took us to.

Attachments

• 025_23A2.JPG
    025_23A2.JPG
    11.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 021_19A2.JPG
    021_19A2.JPG
    12.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 018_16A2.JPG
    018_16A2.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 016_14A2.JPG
    016_14A2.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 014_12A2.JPG
    014_12A2.JPG
    15.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 013_11A2.JPG
    013_11A2.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 004_2A2.JPG
    004_2A2.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 16

Mustanger

How to Observe Memorial Day ...

How to Observe Memorial Day :flag:

The "Memorial" in Memorial Day has been ignored by too many of us who are beneficiaries of those who have given the ultimate sacrifice. Often we do not observe the day as it should be, a day where we actively remember our ancestors, our family members, our loved ones, our neighbors, and our friends who have given the ultimate sacrifice ... as Americans, we can observe Memorial Day:

• By visiting cemeteries and placing flags or flowers on the graves of our fallen heroes.
• By visiting memorials.
• By flying the U.S. Flag at half-staff until noon.
• By flying the 'POW/MIA Flag' as well (Section 1082 of the 1998 Defense Authorization Act).
• By participating in a "National Moment of Remembrance": at 3 p.m. to pause and think upon the true meaning of the day, and for Taps to be played.
• By renewing a pledge to aid the widows, widowers, and orphans of our fallen dead, and to aid the disabled veterans.
• By instructing our children and youth of these practices and the respect they should display.

(reference material from http://www.usmemorialday.org/ )

rvrtrash

We'll be visiting the cemetery. My father in law was one of the Rangers that went up the cliffs at Normandy, served in Korea and was one of the founding members of the 1st Air Cav. He left us a year and a half ago. :flag:

Steve

Last edited: