• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Modern Original Looking Tach

Ruppstang

Frank Fragello is the owner of Tribute Automotive, and good friend of mine. I can tell you this a great addition to your car. I tested a proto type in our 67 and it worked great! It only takes a few hours to install and does not require cutting or changing your original wiring. As a concouse judge it is tough to tell the difference with out looking behind the panel. Marty

CougarCJ

Nice looking product.
Marti, do you need to change the alternator harness?

Ruppstang

All you do is add a wire to coil for tach signal and change the oil pressure sender from a gage type to a light type. This is a much better system than the original where the ignition wire ran through the tach. If the Tach failed your car would not run. You can get them 6K or 8K and even for a 6cil.
Marty

rvrtrash

I'm not sure I'd be willing to trade an idiot light for my oil pressure to get a tach, but then I don't race anymore (much) so that probably makes a difference. It is a nice looking unit though.

Steve

ponyboy

Very nice..seen that in new mustang and fords issue, any word on how much it is. Any picture of how the 68 looks?

ponyboy

And Do you have to find a 67 tach cluster to modify since you will be losing your fuel gauge and alt gauge if you use the tach your showing??????

68 special

The website says for a limited time, $675 w/ or w/o redline. Looks nice, but way past my pocket book. Think I'll have my hood tach freshened up.

Bret

ponyboy

Wow looks good, but for alittle more $ you could find an original , too expensive for me but thanks for the update.