• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Modern Monte Carlo Bar and Export Brace

Mosesatm

This system seems to be getting more and more popular. Anyone using it on this site?

Last edited:

davidathans

I've seen this in the engine compartment of a normal 68 mustang at a car show.

I think it doesnt look as shiny as the chrome from the usual monte carlo bar and export brace, but it does look like its more rigid, perhaps stiffer,stronger.

david

hookedtrout

Looks pretty funny to me? I'd rather look at the engine than all those bars and so far my engine hasn't got out on me so I think I'm OK without putting her behind bars :eek:, I'll pass. ;D

Cory

68gt390

[quote author=hookedtrout link=board=1;threadid=2164;start=0#msg14680 date=1127636029]
Looks pretty funny to me? I'd rather look at the engine than all those bars and so far my engine hasn't got out on me so I think I'm OK without putting her behind bars :eek:, I'll pass. ;D

Cory
[/quote]

Hey Hook;
I'm with you. I could understand using it if you were road racing or something of that nature. It just over shadows the engine bay way too much.

Don ::)

hookedtrout

Looks like it would make it harder to perform general maintenance as well as cleaning too, and it looks like something that should be on a tuner rather than a classic. The bars just have a much more modern look than the rest of the bay to me.

I guess if you had a valid need?

Cory

Jayscal

It looks mighty rigid to me, but it would look better with a modern fuelie engine in the bay. At least the monte carlo bar is not right over the distributor.

P

PNewitt

Interesting "opposition" to that setup.

The old, classic Shelby Monte Carlo, and export brace bar helps with "tweaked" inner fenders and engine bays from thousands of miles.

I had a chrome Monte Carlo Bar on my car, and it was difficult to change the dist cap.

There is a purist vision about these cars....and I would suggest only using the Shelby parts available at that time (think: "vintage performance"). I don't mean to knock new ideas for old cars, but it's one of those things where you need to go modified 100% with new partsd to justify what you have on the car like that.

Just my two bits.
Paul N.