• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

modified

nates68

iv owned my gt/cs for 18yrs restored it twice,first time all stock.Won lots of trophys as stock.Now i just finished it again but changed the paint design .Didnt know if it would be accecpted at shows as a gt/cs untill i showed it,well it seems every one liked it,she won elven best of shows, over 20 first place wins.Im not in any way bragging just want other gt/cs owners to know its alright to modifie your car from stock.I did this in a way that i could always put it back to stock if needed. nates68

68gt390

I see this is your 1st post on the site. Welcome. You will see as you browse through the site there is a wealth of information as well as knowledge here. This very topic has been discussed many times. There are many of us who have done that very thing with our CS's, "Modified" them in the way we like. The one thing that always comes out in our decussions about to modify or not modify is "It's your car so do what you like". My CS is a good example of a modified CS. I have added a 428CJ vs the 390 "S" code that it came with as well as some sutle changes in the interior area. As you have done, I to have made those changes that can easily be reversed.

Do you have any pics you can post?

Don

Last edited:

robert campbell

Nate,
As you look through you will find all sorts of people on this site. Purists, Mod guys, and new 07/08 GT/CS owners. I be a mod guy, but totally respect original cars. My CT/CS is a different color and color coded style steels. My choice.

Have fun and build it your way, I say!!! Check out my gallery. Nothing I own is factory stock. My 67 is way beyond returning to stock. Steel hand built flares, custom one off grill I built myself to mate 67 Shelby inboard lights to stock headlight buckets and stock hood. No gas cap, and alot of chrome removed. Huge hole in the hood and a Boss 429 hood scoop. A purist would kill me. It was an orginal 390 GTA car. Oh well...... Did it a long time ago....

This is the best site I have ever visited, and I am proud of the members. They all seem to have a heart, and huge sense of humor. I can laugh at myself all day long.... Hope that does not mean I am an idiot.....

Rob

OP
OP
nates68

nates68

I will try to post some pitures of my Black J code cs soon. Iv had this car for 18 years just got Marti report to prove its real. I knew it was real as im the second owner,but people always ask is it a real cal-spec. Yes. thanks nate.

John McGilvary

iv owned my gt/cs for 18yrs restored it twice,first time all stock.Won lots of trophys as stock.Now i just finished it again but changed the paint design .Didnt know if it would be accecpted at shows as a gt/cs untill i showed it,well it seems every one liked it,she won elven best of shows, over 20 first place wins.Im not in any way bragging just want other gt/cs owners to know its alright to modifie your car from stock.I did this in a way that i could always put it back to stock if needed. nates68

Welcome to the site nates68,

You have every right to brag about your CS and modify it in any way that turns you on. It is very cool to see how many trophys your CS has won, so keep up the good work.
As for me my CS will stay as original, but if I ever get another CS, who knows.

John