• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Mustangs at the Queen Mary

tworings

We had four 1968 Specials attend Mustangs at the Queen Mary in Long Beach, CA yesterday - Donna, Calif Girl, Cheryl, and Tworings. What a beautiful day! Unfortunately we were scattered around the show, so didn’t get to park together (we moved our cars for pictures after the show). Out of the four cars, three received awards in their class. Second place for Cheryl in her gorgeous Brittany blue 390, third place for California Girl’s hot red CS, and fourth place for Tworings and Buttercup. Add those to Mike’s first place award, and quite a sweep for Specials this weekend!:grin:

Attachments

• View from QM sm.JPG
    View from QM sm.JPG
    234.6 KB · Views: 48
  • QM Long Beach sm.JPG
    QM Long Beach sm.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 58
  • QM Women sm.JPG
    QM Women sm.JPG
    192.8 KB · Views: 74

Mustanger

That's awesome!!! The pic's look great, and I'm sure the weather was nice too ... I wasn't able to go to the show this time, but maybe next year things will be easier for me to make it down there ...

somethingspecial

Congrats you guys, That is a great show and I was entered but than we got the Concours invitation. I am sooooo glad you folks did us proud in SoCal. John Schultz said all we need is seven cars for a GT/CS class next year. I think we can pull one together. Lets knock their socks off next year. Again, Congrats to all of you. Mike and Robinette

OP
OP
T

tworings

Mike - We missed you at the show, but Donna was a good stand-in for you (that's her holding your first place prize :grin: ) I think you made the right choice of shows, but it would be great to get enough cars for our own class next year! ~Lisa

Diesel Donna

Hahahahaaaaa! Glad you guys noticed my "show of hands".
Hey you can't win 'em all!
I am the Charlie Brown of car shows.

I was the stand ~in for Mike and Robinette and I thank them for sharing their registration with me. There was a meet and greet with Chad McQueen (Steve's son) and also Dan Gurney and Parnelli Jones. They also unveiled the new Dark Horse Mustang...limited production car at only $90,000.
The weather was beautiful and I got there at 6 AM to volunteer to park cars...hey it got me a free coffee and a pastry!
Yeah it was a little weird...four California Specials and we were in three classes!

Diesel "Always a bridesmaid but never a bride" Donna

HappyHour

What is the best way to learn about CS events? Im not sure if anyone posted it but would have loved to check it out.

Im so not in the know...:sad:

OP
OP
T

tworings

What is the best way to learn about CS events? Im not sure if anyone posted it but would have loved to check it out.

Im so not in the know...:sad:

Robert - I posted about this show a couple of months ago, but no one responded....we'll try and do better next year! It would be nice to get enough Specials to have own own class. ~Lisa