• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Mustangs at the Queen Mary

tworings

Hi Joe - we would have liked to go, but it's the same day that I do the Komen breast cancer Race for the Cure. Are you signing up for the John Force Holiday show? ~Lisa

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

Yes. I want to go to that one. I hear it's a good show. Sorry I didn't make the Labor Day Cruise. I came down with some bug for a few days.

Diesel Donna

Note to self... send in entry fee for John Force Holiday show......consider Queen Mary show....I was suppose to go to that one last year but had to go back east.. Tim went and I told him to give my entry to a friend....the friend blew his water pump AND radiator 7 miles from the show..AAA towed him in, pushed his car into place, scrounged for parts, fixed it and he took first place in his class.
I went tonight to the opening day of Rte. 66 Rendezvoux....had a great time!! 1 night down, 3 to go!

tworings

joedls said:
Yes. I want to go to that one. I hear it's a good show. Sorry I didn't make the Labor Day Cruise. I came down with some bug for a few days.

Joe - looked for you at the Labor Day show! LOL Hope to see you at John Force, but be sure and send in your registration - I hear it sells out.

Diesel Donna

I will be at the Queen Mary show...another member of this board has graciously given me her extra ticket because her husband's car isn't quite ready to go. She will be there with her Brittany Blue 390 though! You guys may remember her from Knott's...she was the one who was at the Long Beach Grand Prix and showed us pictures of her taking a lap in a 2007 GTCS.

I look forward to this show, I've never been to this one before.

~~~~Donna

CalGal68

I should be there but not with my car as it's in a state of disassembly. I'll look for you, Joe. I was at the Peterson Museum yesterday - not one GT/CS!

What is the John Force show?

~ Debra

CalGal68

CalGal68 said:
I should be there but not with my car as it's in a state of disassembly. I'll look for you, Joe. I was at the Peterson Museum yesterday - not one GT/CS!

~ Debra

Oops, I should have said the MOCC show at the Peterson.:grin:

obsidianspider

It's put on by the Beach Cities Mustang Club. Great group of guys. I had the pleasure of going to their July meeting while I was out in LA on business. It sounds lke it'll be a great show. I only wish I could go.

tworings

John Force

~ Debra[/QUOTE]

Debra, the John Force holiday show is at his headquarters in Yorba Linda Sunday December 3rd. I posted a scan of the entry form a few weeks ago. ~Lisa

Diesel Donna

CalGal68 said:

~ Debra

Debra...do you recall if you saw a Helms Bakery Truck at the museum? I am going to Peterson's this Friday...want to make sure it is there.

I was torn about going to Peterson's or Rte. 66 on Sunday....but had already planned on Peterson's later because I will be in Beverly Hills on Friday
Thanks... and see you at Long Beach...be sure to stop and say howdy.

~~~~Donna

CalGal68

Diesel Donna said:
Debra...do you recall if you saw a Helms Bakery Truck at the museum? I am going to Peterson's this Friday...want to make sure it is there.

I was torn about going to Peterson's or Rte. 66 on Sunday....but had already planned on Peterson's later because I will be in Beverly Hills on Friday
Thanks... and see you at Long Beach...be sure to stop and say howdy.

~~~~Donna

Donna, sorry for the delay, I was up in Lake Tahoe for the week.

Yes, as you probably discovered, the Helms truck is still at the museum. A much earlier version than the ones I remember coming around in our neighborhood in the early '60's.

I will look for you in Long Beach if we make it - kind of tired of driving!

~ Debra

Diesel Donna

Thanks Debra, yes we found the Helms truck! My friend has a 1931 Twin Coach like the one at Peterson's and he wanted to see how a restored one looks.

Hope to see you tomorrow! I have a light green CS, white stripes. It will have a matching Mustang pedal car with it.

~~~Donna

Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna said:
I will be at the Queen Mary show...another member of this board has graciously given me her extra ticket because her husband's car isn't quite ready to go. She will be there with her Brittany Blue 390 though! You guys may remember her from Knott's...she was the one who was at the Long Beach Grand Prix and showed us pictures of her taking a lap in a 2007 GTCS.

I look forward to this show, I've never been to this one before.

~~~~Donna

WOW! Sherryle took first place in her class with her Brittany Blue 390!!! Joe also got two trophies...ahem! I will let him tell you guys and gals about his trophies and uh...photos......

Nice to meet you CALGAL68~Debra!
I also had the pleasure of meeting CougarCJ last weekend at the Rte. 66 Rendezvous.

~~~~Donna

CalGal68

Diesel Donna said:
WOW! Sherryle took first place in her class with her Brittany Blue 390!!! Joe also got two trophies...ahem! I will let him tell you guys and gals about his trophies and uh...photos......

I also had the pleasure of meeting CougarCJ last weekend at the Rte. 66 Rendezvous.

~~~~Donna
Way to go, Sherryle! You too, Joe, but sorry I never found you (just your GT/CS). Looking forward to seeing those photos with....never mind.

I'll definitely be coming back to this show next year - with my CS! Donna, thanks for sharing all the helpful info. It was a pleasure meeting you!

~ Debra

Mustanger

Diesel Donna said:

~~~~Donna

I wanted to go to the Queen Mary show, but I was out of town visiting my in-laws ... I did go to Route 66 and I saw Donna cruising around in the MEDSLED on Saturday night, I think she was wearing a nurse's hat! ... unfortuneately, I wasn't able to stop and say "hi" like I usually do ... oh well, next time ...

Diesel Donna

Mustanger said:
I wanted to go to the Queen Mary show, but I was out of town visiting my in-laws ... I did go to Route 66 and I saw Donna cruising around in the MEDSLED on Saturday night, I think she was wearing a nurse's hat! ... unfortuneately, I wasn't able to stop and say "hi" like I usually do ... oh well, next time ...

Hahahahaaa, you must have seen me the one moment I put that on because the guys in the grandstand were picking on me as I drove by. Yep, Saturday night was a ZOO! You should have hollered out to me and you could have ridden in the back.

I was looking for you at the QM show.....I knew there must have been a very important reason why you weren't there.

P.S. Just wait til the halloween car show.....the nurse's hat wudn't nuthin'! LOL!!! :grin:

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

Diesel Donna said:

~~~~Donna

Ok, I saw 4 GT/CSs at the show, including mine. Diesel Donna had her car there, but wasn't being judged. That left Sheryl's S code in the 67-68 Stock coupe class, a yellow GT/CS in the 67-68 Personalized coupe class, and mine in the 67-68 All Modified class. Sheryl won 1st in her class and I won 4th in mine. Not bad. 2 out of the 3 cars being judged won awards. I'd say that was a good day for the GT/CS.

Attachments

• P1000178.JPG
    P1000178.JPG
    241.6 KB · Views: 20
  • P1000172.JPG
    P1000172.JPG
    198.6 KB · Views: 25
  • P1000177.JPG
    P1000177.JPG
    206.5 KB · Views: 26
  • P1000155.JPG
    P1000155.JPG
    206.1 KB · Views: 24
OP
OP
joedls

joedls

I also won 2nd place in the 65-66 Fastback/Convertible Modified class.

Attachments

• P1000187.JPG
    P1000187.JPG
    228.7 KB · Views: 22
  • P1000195.JPG
    P1000195.JPG
    203.8 KB · Views: 21
OP
OP
joedls

joedls

Who's that sitting in my car?????? How about I substitute my calendar photo for one of these?

Attachments

• P1000192.JPG
    P1000192.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 45
  • P1000194.JPG
    P1000194.JPG
    186.4 KB · Views: 36