• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Neil Hoppe

Mosesatm

Neil Hoppe, a great friend and mentor to many of us, passed last night. He had been battling a number of health issues and he kept fighting until the end.
At this point that's all I know. Will update this thread when I find out about funeral arrangements.

Attachments

• Neil.jpg
    Neil.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Bobsdad

Arlie, thank you for letting us know. I just talked to Neil a few days ago, how awful. I'll miss him a great deal and am so grateful to him for all the advice and fun chats we had. I'll be keeping him and his family in my prayers.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Ruppstang

Neil was one you could always count on for help and advice. I will miss him greatly. The good thing is the many cars that he built will still be on the road and his memory will live on.

He will not be forgotten.

Marty

TexDan

Neil was very knowledgeable and helpful. I recently sent him some OEM non-GT center caps he was looking for. About a week later, a box showed up with several deluxe interior parts, templates and diagrams. We had discussed my interior upgrade plans several weeks ago. That's the kind of fine person he was.

rvrtrash

Neil was an icon of our community, our "Dad". He'll be sorely missed. My thoughts and prayers go out for him and his family.

Steve

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Oh no! This is terrible news. Neil was a huge part of this community and will be sorely missed. Our condolences to his family.

As my son and I have been plodding along on fixing up our '68 HCS we always felt like he was lapping us. He just kept cranking out the restorations! RIP friend.

cmacias24

His presence will surely be missed in the community. If there’s a collection for a flower arrangement and/or a commemorative plaque that recognizes his contributions, let me m le because I’d like to contribute. RIP Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

68 special

Neil Hoppe, a great friend and mentor to many of us, passed last night. He had been battling a number of health issues and he kept fighting until the end.
At this point that's all I know. Will update this thread when I find out about funeral arrangements.
this was on Facebook today, not sure of where. more to come.

A celebration of life will be held
June 15th in Franklin, NC

Bret

di81977

So sad to hear of Neil‘s passing. Real loss for the GT/CS community. I was fortunate to spend time with Neil at his airport years ago. Really amazing man. Condolence's to his family.

66hcs-conv

Indeed, a tremendous loss to our HCS/CS community. Great individual, and always ready to help.
I would like to at least send a card. I don't see an obituary online. Does anybody have a funeral home address or any address?
Neil and Bob Teets are probably rollin' down a hiway headed for a MCA show !!