• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 New Matchbox model!

BroadwayBlue

if you guys can believe it i actually took the red with white matchbox car and did it up to match my car (red with black) ill upload a pic soon i think youll like it. I painted the deck lid stripes, filled in the tailight panel, and the "chrome" accents throughout. Not too bad i think. They're a lot harder to paint then it looks

That came out great! Nice job!

Midnight Special

....Alright, so I went a little crazy....>

Attachments

• _DSC0200.jpg
    _DSC0200.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 66

Midnight Special

yea, no kidding. I can't find any either. Now I know why. LOL. Tim, any of those available?

...Sure Mike!
I got a bunch cheap to give away here & there at car shows. Drop by if you don't have one yet :)

P.S. 'Better hurry though... The neighbors are already lining up for them.
Word travels fast! ;-)

Attachments

• _DSC0204.jpg
    _DSC0204.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 38

gt/csj4

Haha that picture is great! ^^^ Some fawn in front of a cali! Love it

BTW check Big-Lots, they seem to ALWAYS have them, at least for me. I have snagged 10 already each time I go:wink:
If anyone wants some let me know i have about 60. 13 in red, 30 in silver and the rest in puke green.

BroadwayBlue

And I thought I was bad for buying a dozen! :)

My son is getting 1 of each color, including blue, for his 4th Birthday at the end of the month

The one with the most toys wins !

GT/CS S Code

No luck today ...

Took my 15 year old grandson to a Hobby and Toy Show here in Victoria today and although there were a ton of Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars there was not a GT/CS to be found ... in any colour ...
:sad:

stangfan

Al, do you have the gray one that came out earlier? I don't think we'll see the newer issue of Matchbox GT/CS cars in Canada for a while yet, unfortunately.

BroadwayBlue

Well I have to confess, with the lack of time and the cost of gas, instead of running from store to store I took the eBay route.

The prices aren't outrageous on them. When you factor it in it's not a bad deal. If you're not buying a large quantity this isn't a bad way to go.
Right now on ebay you can get them for about $4-5 a car including shipping. Sometimes if you buy more than one you get a discount on the shipping. I got all the colors including a blue one this way.

Here's a list of recent auctions
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sac...op=15&_clu=2&_fcid=1&_localstpos&_stpos&gbr=1

You don't get the enjoyment of the chase but you get what you're looking for.

GT/CS S Code

Al, do you have the gray one that came out earlier? I don't think we'll see the newer issue of Matchbox GT/CS cars in Canada for a while yet, unfortunately.

No, I don't have any of them ... just had a look since we were at a Toy Show. I did get my die cast model back though and now the interior has been repainted black to match our car!
:wink:

whodat

I found a red one today. I first went to a Toy R Us and was completely empty. Stopped at a Wal-mart that I was thinking of passing by. Went to the Matchbox section and noticed it was almost empty. I went back for another look and to my surprise they had one left. Now I have the silver, red, and green. And I have a 1:24 scale as well. And I have a friend who is going to custom make a card with all my information on the back. He perfected photo-shop.

whodat

Finally found 2 60th anniversary GT/CS Mustangs today in Houma, La. I went from having zero to having 8 in 2 day's.
Still waiting on my custom card from my friend. My custom card is a matchbox type card with a car that has my information on the back and front. With a picture of my car and myself and my car in Biloxi, Ms. So far it looks exceptional.

Last edited: