• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

New Owner Gt/cs Convertible

jrys

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself, I recently sold my last toy car which was a 2005 Chevy SSR because I wanted to replace it with a new Mustang GT Convertible. I did a lot of looking on eBay, Ford.com and local Dealer lots. After about a month of looking I came up with a list of must have options. After searching Dealer inventories from coast to coast I found the perfect car at a Dealer in New Jersey. Since I live in Long Island, NY a purchase from NJ was easy. The Dealer was so desperate to sell one more car before the end of January they drove it out to me on 1/31/08 so I could sign the papers before the end of the month.
Here is a list of most of the factory equipment it came with.

2007 GT Convertible
5-Speed Manual
Redfire Clearcoat Metallic
Black Roof
Black/Parchment Interior
Interior Upgrade Package
GT California Special Package
Comfort Group
Shaker 1000 Audio System
Wheel Locking Kit
Active Anti-Theft System
Cloth Convertible Top
Front Side Air Bags
Convertible Soft Boot
Sirius Satellite Radio
Woven Charcoal Aluminum Instrument Panel
Anti-Lock Brakes

The Redfire, Black/Parchment interior, Cloth Top and Charcoal Instrument Panel were all must haves for me. It really makes me feel good just to look out the window at it, which I find myself doing a lot. I better enjoy driving it now, I know once the temperature goes over seventy degrees I wont see very much of it or my wife until next Fall.

Never being one to leave well enough alone, I have started my usual “light modifications”. I never do anything which cannot easily be returned to factory original and I save everything I remove or replace. This way if the next owner doesn’t like what I have done, He or She can change it back to as built.

This is what I have done so far
Installed a 2008 Factory Navigation Radio/CD (much nicer than other factory units I have had)
Had the air cleaner and fuse box covers painted to body color, (I will buy a spare set so this can be put back to unpainted)
Factory Shelby GT500 rear mud flaps (not much to them)
NXT Generation Mustang Hood Lift Kit (very nice item)
Shelby Aluminum shift boot trim cover
Factory wheel spinner center caps
Chrome tail light trim bezel covers
SilverHorse Racing honeycomb rear deck trim panel, (between the tail lights), (I did not use the mother-in-law tape which came with the panel; instead I used 2” wide magnetic tape to hold it on. This way I can remove it to wash the car.)

Because I’m such a nice guy, I did my wife a big favor and gave her a birthday list of Midwest Auto Gear items to get me, just to make her life easier.
Coming from Midwest Auto Gear
Ford California Special Plenum Cover with Matching Fuel Rail Covers
Radiator Cover (Redfire)
Radiator Extension Covers (Redfire)
Shock Tower Covers, GT (Redfire)
Mirror Covers (Redfire)

When all is installed and we have better weather, I will post some photos.

I have been reading this forum for some time now, and I must say I have enjoyed it very much. The SSR forum was so full of off topic BS and bickering that I stopped going on it long before I sold the Truck.

Thank You Very Much For Your Time.

Last edited:

BroadwayBlue

Welcome to a fellow New Yorker!

Welcome to the site and good luck with your car. Sounds great!!

I'm in Dutchess County and work in Westchester County.
There aren't too many of us New Yawkas here on the site.

OP
OP
jrys

jrys

Welcome to the site and good luck with your car. Sounds great!!

I'm in Dutchess County and work in Westchester County.
There aren't too many of us New Yawkas here on the site.

I'm in West Islip, south shore Long Island, western Suffolk County.

Ladystang

Welcome to the CS site. Love your choice of car and color. (wonder why?)

Enjoy your time here.

GTCS07

Welcome, I work on the island twice a week, making deliveries on the northern areas. Plenty of straight roads to get in trouble on I see. I work at night and see people street race all the time. Serious cars coming off trailers with slicks. WOW!

P

PNewitt

WELCOME!!

Awesome convertible!! I wonder--how to East Coast people react to a car named a "California Special"? Do they think you bought it in California or something? Any goofy remarks about California -- (like the "nuts and fruits" stuff? LOL).

So, you sold an SSR for this Mustang? What a leap from one company to the next. I liked the idea of an original car (the SSR), but I could never get into the design. I think it was Chevy's "retro response" to the Pt Cruiser, etc.

In any case, you'll like it here. Lots of nice folks, and oh, yes, that Broadway Blue guy...(psst...you gotta watch out for him...) LOL (kidding)....

Tell us more about your CS, and your adventures out there on the "right coast", OK?

Paul N.