• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 New Perch

Perkchiro

Just installed a 4 post lift in my garage for my CS.

Attachments

• IMG_0087.jpg
    IMG_0087.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 48

gtcs1

Hi Steve,

Sounds very nice. I'm thinking about that. What is the ceiling net height in your garage to accomodate the 2 cars + lift set-up? Does your garage door still open with a car in the up position? Did you have to change your garage door track for that?

Im my case I find it a tiny bit not enough to allow some adequate clearance....

Thanks

OP
OP
Perkchiro

Perkchiro

I'm fortunate that my garage ceiling height is 13 1/2 feet, so no problem on height clearance. I had the garage door tracks modified to roll up the wall and turn at the ceiling. I also have 18 ft wide garage doors, so there's no problem parking my truck beside it. I changed over to a jack lift garage door opener and I REALLY think that's the way to go. My wife has figured out my ultimate goal of another project car.
So Rob, you need a new home? You can come over and use the lift but I'm too old to adopt another dependent!!

hookedtrout

I gotta build a new garage, those 8 acres out there have to be good for something, say.... 40 X 60?

Dang that's nice.