• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

New Stance

Perkchiro

I used a one inch lowering suspension kit when I restored my CS. I have had some front tire clearance issues and I tried to solve it with a narrower front tire. That didn't work so I removed the leafs and coils and replaced them with standard springs. That left me with the characteristic negative rake of the classic mustangs. Last weekend, I removed the coils again and cut one full turn from them. Here's the before and after pics showing the change. There have been other threads concerning suspension changes and I thought this might helpful to someone facing the same situation.

Attachments

• vbpgimage.jpg
    vbpgimage.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 55
  • P9290017.JPG
    P9290017.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 52

carezcs

I wonder if you were running 14" wheels if you would have had the clearance problem. I have 14's on mine with the 1" lower front springs with 235 TA's and would like to go another inch.
Bruce

OP
OP
Perkchiro

Perkchiro

Good question. I am running 60 series tires on 15" wheels. I've got 215 TA's on the front and 235's on the rear. The standard 70 series on 14"s should be about the same on the front I would think. I'm going to leave it alone for now, changing those coils over and over again is a real pain in the rear.