• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 New to me 68 CS

Bodhi

First question, on the stock 14 inch GT wheels what is the largest tire people are using? I was thinking of larger rear and smaller fronts. Any pictures would be great. I like the stock wheels but it currently has 195/75/14 white walls, not really my taste. Thanks

CougarCJ

I would check with a dealer on how wide of tire you can put on a 14x6 wheel. My guess is a 215/70R/14?

When I do the GT wheels on my GT/CS, I am buying 15x6 or 15x7. Not even considering 14's.

somethingspecial

Welcome

Welcome to the family. Tell us about your CS. Any Photos. We are always interested in what others are working on. Your friendly neighborhood Registrar.

OP
OP
B

Bodhi

I will get some pics

Just bought it, CS/GT, dark blue with a lighter blue interior, 289 2 barrel. First classic in over 20 years, kids are old enough to start enjoying car shows and working on cars. I am afraid the 14's might not cut it with the tire sizes, I like the stock look though. Presidential Blue is the color of the car. Bringing it home in a couple of days.

Last edited:

franklinair

For 14" wheels, I like the Style Steel (chrome or argent) wheels with 14X70X215. OR the Shelby 10 spokes (they're 15').

Neil

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 24
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 32

BigJim

Congrats! And another Presidential Blue GT/CS too.

OP
OP
B

Bodhi

Big Jim, I pulled up a picture of your garage, very nice, 69 camaro is my favorite car. What brand and size tire is on your car? That is basically the look I want and those are the wheels already on the car. Thanks

BigJim

Big Jim, I pulled up a picture of your garage, very nice, 69 camaro is my favorite car. What brand and size tire is on your car? That is basically the look I want and those are the wheels already on the car. Thanks

Those are Cooper Cobra Radial G/T. The size is P225/70/R14. They're a modern tire with an old school look. I got them at the local NTB and they weren't too expensive. The best part is the couple of times we've been caught out in the rain they handled quite well.

Attachments

• stang_tire_small.jpg
    stang_tire_small.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
B

Bodhi

Jim Thanks

Those look nice. The car is pretty clean,it has just been sittingfor a while and needs a going through. Not a fan of white wall tires.

Attachments

• cs.jpg
    cs.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 36
  • cs2.jpg
    cs2.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 33
OP
OP
B

Bodhi

Tim

I was not familiar with this model mustang when I was looking for a car, in fact I wasn't even looking for a car and stumbled on this one locally. It was clean and very reasonble for the condition. I am going to register it if it can be verified with a marti report. Seems legit but you never know.

Midnight Special

I was not familiar with this model mustang when I was looking for a car, in fact I wasn't even looking for a car and stumbled on this one locally. It was clean and very reasonble for the condition. I am going to register it if it can be verified with a marti report. Seems legit but you never know.

...We're here to help. Your car is missing some GT/CS features, so I was wondering if you had any of the supporting information. The VIN number would be a great place to start. I'm a little concerned after viewing your photos...

OP
OP
B

Bodhi

The fogs and Rear fender emblems are not there

How can I check my vin? When I looked it up I get year, Made in the Ca. plant ect. but it can be just a modified regular mustang. How can I check further?

Attachments

• re.jpg
    re.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 30

Midnight Special

How can I check my vin? When I looked it up I get year, Made in the Ca. plant ect. but it can be just a modified regular mustang. How can I check further?

The VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) is located on a stamped plate visible through the windshield along the dash on the passenger side. It's also on the door tag and fender aprons under the hood. Telling us the VIN will enable us to see if it's in the registry, but obtaining a Marti Report from www.martiautoworks.com is the only definitive proof.

If it's okay with you that it may not be a factory GT/CS, that's cool :) We just wouldn't want you to be unhappy if not.

OP
OP
B

Bodhi

Tim Thanks

I sent you an email, I would like to verify if it is. If it not that is ok, but if it is real I would like to return the car to the way it rolled off the line. I checked the registry and did not find it.

Midnight Special

I sent you an email, I would like to verify if it is. If it not that is ok, but if it is real I would like to return the car to the way it rolled off the line. I checked the registry and did not find it.

...Thank you :) The best person to contact is: "somethingspecial" Mike who is our Registrar.

Nice looking car and color! Congratulations!

somethingspecial

Bodhi, What is the VIN on the car, and send me the door data plate info. I will check to see if I have it in the Registry. Thanks. Mike

OP
OP
B

Bodhi

Thanks

I will do that, I have the vin. My car is at a local shop getting some minor work I will have to run by to get that info. Thanks for your help.