• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

"Old Picture" alert

quicknick

I thought you guys could use a Friday night laugh...........Cleaning out the attic, I found this old picture of myself from back in 1979. Back then I was terrorizing the streets of Detroit in my 70 Super Bee. 440 six pack, hemi 4 speed dana car. I traded it 4 years later for a 68 Shelby and have been hooked on stangs ever since.
Check out the circus sideshow freak driving it. I was such a gearhead dork back then.

Attachments

• Scan86.jpg
    Scan86.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 90

robert campbell

I thought you guys could use a Friday night laugh...........Cleaning out the attic, I found this old picture of myself from back in 1979. Back then I was terrorizing the streets of Detroit in my 70 Super Bee. 440 six pack, hemi 4 speed dana car. I traded it 4 years later for a 68 Shelby and have been hooked on stangs ever since.
Check out the circus sideshow freak driving it. I was such a gearhead dork back then.

When cruising town you could pull up most Mopars and see their rear end housings. If they were ringed with bolts it was a Dana 44. Not many cars got the Dana without the goods under the hood! So best be on your game!!

Smooth Mopar housings..... More than likely low performance. Back in the day to get any tire under them up in the air they went!!! Easier yet to see the housing!!

My best friend back in the day had a 1969 GTX with a 440 4 barrel and 4 speed. Monster torque and would burn the tires attached to the Dana 44 for blocks it seemed like. New Process 4 speed with a “pistol shifter”. Slowest tranny I ever tried to shift. Listen to Bullitt as the Mopar guy goes through the gears chasing or running from Steve McQueen in the Mustang. Very deliberate!!

Rob