• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Paul M. Newitt has a new article in the Shelby American magazine.

di81977

Not sure how these things work - wondering who owns the rights to Paul's recent article. If it is Paul, it would be a nice gesture by him, given the financial support and data he has collected from the members of this site, to post it on this site.

I must say, though, that I have lost interest in any more historical information on our cars and visit this site more for the day to day banter and quick and helpful information that is always willingly shared.

david

Doug

I must say, though, that I have lost interest in any more historical information on our cars and visit this site more for the day to day banter and quick and helpful information that is always willingly shared.

Well said and I agree totally.

hookedtrout

Me Three.

Not sure how these things work - wondering who owns the rights to Paul's recent article. If it is Paul, it would be a nice gesture by him, given the financial support and data he has collected from the members of this site, to post it on this site.

david

PFSlim

Ok, no PN bashing here, but I for one invested my hard earned money in two books with promises, promises, promises for an upcoming completion ongoing for I believe two years now. My wife asked me today about "those books we purchased" and why we had not received them. I had no answer for her because I've gotten no answer. So all I can do is complain. Don't I have a right to do that? I wouldn't consider an additional investment of $50 for a short read written by "the man", no how, no way.
I gotta "vent" somewhere and what better place than here with my "cronies". Delete this if you want Jon, but I've really had it up to my eyeballs.

I have really tried to "let the sleeping dog lie" with regards to the book and to Paul leaving the site. However, I do have to very much agree with Perk. I don't have a car anymore but I did submit quite a bit of information about our restoration for the book project and paid the money for the books.

No disrespect to you Casey and I know you are only passing along a message. I know other members of this site - including myself - deeply respect you and the things you have done for "us" and our passion. However, I don't think that the members of this site have been considered when so many promises have been made. People who respect other people don't make what appear to be "empty promises" - in my opinion.

I don't want to bash Paul. That is not the intention. But as Perk said, we all want a place to "vent" out frustations. I have learned a pretty valuable lesson regarding this whole issue - in that - I won't invest money again in a promise - even if it is someone who you thought you could trust.

Now - excuse me while I go back and hide under my rock again. :)

Paul

PonyGal

I agree Tim,

No mater what Paul says or does (or doesn't do!!), he cannot take away the pleasure that we all get from owning, showing and driving these beautiful cars!!

I am also very upset with the way Paul has treated everyone here after everything that the members of this site have done for him and his "book". He didn't like the way the game was going, so he took his toys and went somewhere else to play. It is just sad that he took all the toys, no mater who brought them, and claim that they now belong to him!

http://www.mysmiley.net/freesmiley.php?smiley=mad/mad0025.gif

aemoo28

...Time to get everyone out from under rocks and start openly driving, showing and enjoying these magnificent cars again.

I completely agree! Took the 68 CS to the parade & the two hour pony cruise around Kitsap County. Behaving perfectly. She'd been my daily driver until yesterday when the rear electrical went kaput. Had a 4 mustang caravan drive me home yesterday to protect her rear end from being bashed in (all that work at risk!)

Now that I've changed the topic here, anyone have a bushing thing for the brake pedal that hooks to the switch?

Midnight Special

...I can't say I have a spare bushing Amy. Maybe Ron or Neil... I did however seek out some new photo ops. With the air show successfully over and my "train nut" brother in town - we took a little trip this evening ;-)

Attachments

• 1420.jpg
    1420.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 1423.jpg
    1423.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 1428.jpg
    1428.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 1424.jpg
    1424.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 38

Mosesatm

I completely agree! Took the 68 CS to the parade & the two hour pony cruise around Kitsap County. Behaving perfectly. She'd been my daily driver until yesterday when the rear electrical went kaput. Had a 4 mustang caravan drive me home yesterday to protect her rear end from being bashed in (all that work at risk!)

Now that I've changed the topic here, anyone have a bushing thing for the brake pedal that hooks to the switch?

Is this the bushing?

Attachments

• Brake Bushing.pdf
    346.7 KB · Views: 45

aemoo28

Thank you everyone. I have the parts on order from NPD with the gift certificate I won for 'Car most needing the help of Nat'l Parts Depot' at Roundup this year.