• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Paul N. Strange Vin on C/L ad! 8R01C117261

pippin

Im no expert, but this is a clean car... the odd thing is some decoders are tagging it a possible CS car, but its not. Why would that be?

Vin looks like a GT-CS? 8R01C117261 Car built early (before Feb 15th) but while optioned out (except no AC or head rests, its NOT a GT-CS car, just a GT car perhaps.)

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/car/709366692.html

WWW.DECODETHIS.COM
http://www.decodethis.com/VINDecoded/tabid/53/Default.aspx?vin=8R01C117261

said:

Alert Possible California or High Country Special

8 Year 1968

R Assembly San Jose, CA

01 Body Mustang 2-Door Hardtop

C Engine 8 Cyl. 289 CID
Horsepower: 195
Carbs: 1-2BBL
Compression: 8.7:1

117261 Serial 117261

P

PNewitt

It's probably not a CS, because the 117,000 series was built just before CS production began.

And that first day of production is....OOPS! I can't tell you, it's Marti info, and it's in my book.

Interesting, tho. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Paul.

Mosesatm

OMG, that backdrop is our Asian burial garden at Oak Hill Cemetery, in San Jose!!!

OP
OP
pippin

pippin

Nice car, Nice Pictures! I checked my Marti report

Since Im going to copy it today and mail it to you Paul, and my number in production is actually way later (then i had remembered) and my car is a fairly early one i guess) Feb 13 and its # is 141596...

Sure are nice pictures of a nice car though!

J.Bart

now Paul,
don't be spoiling the surprises in the book! lol
can't wait to get it!

P

PNewitt

now Paul,
don't be spoiling the surprises in the book! lol
can't wait to get it!

oh, like the spinoff connection to Howard Hughes (I kid you not)....

or...or....OOPS!

OK--- I'll let you all read it when It's out. BTW--I AM working night and day on this book. It's going to be very intense.

Paul.