• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Question About Hood Pins

stangfan

I just acquired a GT/CS. The hood pin on the left will not lock down and I believe the problem is that the bracket with the lockdown point is too low. I took the three small bolts out of the bracket, but cannot get it to move. Is there a trick to adjusting it up?

Thanks very much.

franklinair

On mine, once the 3 retaining bolts are removed the hood pin bracket moved with a little 'encouragement' (gently tapping & wiggling). It is a tight fit, but notice the retaining bolt holes are elongated for adjustment purposes. Its just a tight fit.

Neil

OP
OP
stangfan

stangfan

Thanks Neil.

I did notice the slots where the bolts are and figured that was how the adjustment should be made, but it is very reluctant to move. I will have another attempt.

Steve

GT/CS S Code

As always ...

When in doubt ...

Attachments

• bigger-hammer.jpg
    bigger-hammer.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
stangfan

stangfan

Yeah well I think I will be starting with the "smaller" hammer first. :smile:

I shot a little WD-40 on it this afternoon. If I get a chance tomorrow, I'll see if I can free it up.

Mosesatm

You may want to first check the wire inside the bracket to see if it's bent down.

OP
OP
stangfan

stangfan

On mine, once the 3 retaining bolts are removed the hood pin bracket moved with a little 'encouragement' (gently tapping & wiggling). It is a tight fit, but notice the retaining bolt holes are elongated for adjustment purposes. Its just a tight fit.

Neil

Thanks Neil. I went after it this morning and managed to wiggle it loose. Then followed the adjustment procedure from the GT/CS Registry book and got 'er done.

Steve