• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Roller Suspension/steering.

gt bandit

Okay ,

I picked up the CS from the suspension place who fitted the Roller gear I bought on my last trip stateside around 3 hours ago.

Before I get to the Verdict - this is what i had fitted
  • Open Tracker roller spring perches
  • Moog roller greasable idler arm and Global West roller adjustable strut rods
  • Koni 82-1388 adjustable front shocks
  • New Lovells front Springs lowered the front end by 1"

Problem prior to fitting was - wandering at high speed and cornering was wayward at best , add some power and you have real issues.

Verdict - car has definitely more road feel and Rails around corners like a true muscle car should do. Its a little stiffer ride , but defiantly not Hard or joint rattling.
Overall i am extremely happy and the cost wasn't excessive
all up its cost me around $1100 USD including all labour charges (started to do it myself , but the Urge to spend more Time in the drivers seat took over my urge to justify my mechanical tendency's).
John from Opentracker was easy to deal with and full of friendly advice/information on setting the car up. I could post some pictures but you get a better idea by visiting the below web links.

John Dinkel www.opentrackerracingproducts.com
http://www.globalwestsuspension.com

Next Upgrade is A Gear Vendors O/drive unit to fit to the C6 , effectively giving me a 6 speed Auto. Which should offer the following fundamental changes
Launch like a Bullet with a 3.55 posi rear end and Cruise the Freeway doing 65mph at 2300 rpm , approx 27% reduction in Fuel use and engine wear.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

shaun