• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Seat Head rest bezels

Ruppstang

I Concord CA. I judged Mike Jewel's S code GT-CS. I noticed that it had a wedge filler under the head rest bezels. Has any one seen this before? Marty

Attachments

• Concord CA Trip 034_crop.jpg
    Concord CA Trip 034_crop.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 51

Mosesatm

According to the Ford Parts Manual the drawings for '68 Mustang seats don't have the wedges but Torinos and other cars with full-width seats may have had them. It looks like they are part #610864 for the full-width seats.

Section 600, Page 23

Last edited:

somethingspecial

The seats were upholstered in Fussy Leopard Print material when I purchased the car in 1983. These same seats were Upholstered in 1975 or 76 by the Original owners son. When I bought the car for the second time in 2005, the seats were not touched and I pulled them apart for the first time since it's trip to the jungle.

I Put them back the way it was. If it is wrong, I should change it, however, the headrests will always be down and unseen. Any thoughts. I like the look of it with the wedges. Mike

OP
OP
R

Ruppstang

According to the Ford Parts Manual the drawings for '68 Mustang seats don't have the wedges but Torinos and other cars with full-width seats may have had them. It looks like they are part #610864 for the full-width seats.

Section 600, Page 23

Thanks Arlie I looked in the Mustang assembly manuals and could not find them there so I suspected that they were not correct. Mikes car has some other unusal things on it so I wanted to check a bit more. Thanks Marty

Mosesatm

I like them. They give the headrests a more substantial look.

OP
OP
R

Ruppstang

Mike Jewell can you our some else here that has a unrestored head rest tell me the color of the metal base plate under the bottem of the head rest? Is it the interior color or black?
Thanks Marty

somethingspecial

Marty, it is painted interior color. the metal plate molded into the headreast was unpainted and the screws were natural (unpainted) pan head screws.

OP
OP
R

Ruppstang

Thanks Mike that is what I thought but wanted to confirm. Marty