• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Seller Thinks he has a C-code GT

franklinair

I read that ad a few days ago, and wrote it off as someone turning a car and not knowing what they are dealing with. The ad gives a good history lesson in GT/CS production, but not much info on condition of this specific car. 289,GT?? Rack & pinion steering installed?? No Marti displayed. Give this one a wide berth unless pre-buy inspected, up close & personal.

Neil

CougarCJ

Car looks OK, more or less (fog lights).
Looks to be a good weekend driver and part time show car.

99.9% of the world would agree that it is a GT, says so, right there on those fender side scoops :wink:. They would also believe the HiPo 289 air cleaner decal.

I'll bet the seller spent all of 15 minutes researching here on this site to create his auction.

Decent eBay listing, I predict that it will be bid to $14-15k.

The seafoam green looks good on these cars, I would prefer the original highland green better, but with saddle interior for me.:grin:

Engine dress up kit and GT exhaust valance is acceptable to me too. I have similar plans for my GT/CS.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Car looks OK, more or less (fog lights).
Looks to be a good weekend driver and part time show car.

99.9% of the world would agree that it is a GT, says so, right there on those fender side scoops :wink:. They would also believe the HiPo 289 air cleaner decal.

I'll bet the seller spent all of 15 minutes researching here on this site to create his auction.

Decent eBay listing, I predict that it will be bid to $14-15k.

The seafoam green looks good on these cars, I would prefer the original highland green better, but with saddle interior for me.:grin:

Engine dress up kit and GT exhaust valance is acceptable to me too. I have similar plans for my GT/CS.
I agree, Seafoam and white is a fantastic combination.

Just make sure the GT valance you install isn't as bashed up as the one on the auction car!

And what's with the fog lights, and of course, the ubiquitous fender horses?

Attachments

• Rear Valance.jpg
    Rear Valance.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Fog Lights.jpg
    Fog Lights.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 34

mmarsalone

Someone's added the running ponies on the fenders. I guess when they painted it they thought they were supposed to be there. Is it just my eye, or does it look like the "Mustang" script on the passenger fender of our cars slopes down? Which, again to my eye, appears to do.