• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Special Purchase of GT/CS Diecast Model

p51

68gt390 said:
Not a resale of the Greenlight cars. I contacted the seller and here is their reply:

"The Wimbledon White and Acapulco blue cars are a limited edition of 1,500 made by GreenLight Collectibles. We had them make us a Limited Edition of 504 of the car in the picture (all factory done) Candy Apple Red with a Black top and Interior. We also had them make us 300 of them in a Black Chrome and White stripes and Only 60 of them in a 24K Gold finish with black stripes (you can view the pre-production samples on our website WWW.MiniMuscleCars.Com)"

I also contacted Greenlight to verify this information and they did in fact run a special production of these cars for MiniMuscleCars as you see in the information listed above.

They still have not finalized the group buy as of yet. I'll be contacting them again very shortly to see what's up.

Don
Don

Thanks for the info. So, it does look like its possible to get a CandyApple Red version of the car from MiniMuscleCars. Cool!!

James

Mustanger

68gt390 said:
For those with the HCS there is also a company that has ordered a limited number of cars that were made by Greenlight into the HCS. See below link.

Don - 68gt390

Don,

They are called “The Collector’s Guild” and they have a website. Here is the link to the cars:

http://www.diecastbymail.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=IOC&Category_Code=m60

Are the colors of the cars accurate? I see the Royal Maroon being offered, along with a Raven Black HCS w/ red stripes and no White car ...

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

Mustanger said:
Are the colors of the cars accurate? I see the Royal Maroon being offered, along with a Raven Black HCS w/ red stripes and no White car ...

Colors are not accurate. The Royal Maroon car is not being offered. The rest of the colors are good though. I contacted them and they stated they hated to see them not put out the Royal Maroon car. They apparently had a huge interest in it. They will be changing their add to Wimbeldon White shortly.

Don

Mustanger

68gt390 said:
Not a resale of the Greenlight cars. I contacted the seller and here is their reply:

"The Wimbledon White and Acapulco blue cars are a limited edition of 1,500 made by GreenLight Collectibles. We had them make us a Limited Edition of 504 of the car in the picture (all factory done) Candy Apple Red with a Black top and Interior. We also had them make us 300 of them in a Black Chrome and White stripes and Only 60 of them in a 24K Gold finish with black stripes (you can view the pre-production samples on our website WWW.MiniMuscleCars.Com)"

I also contacted Greenlight to verify this information and they did in fact run a special production of these cars for MiniMuscleCars as you see in the information listed above.

They still have not finalized the group buy as of yet. I'll be contacting them again very shortly to see what's up.

Don

Those cars from MiniMuscleCars.com are HOT:

http://www.minimusclecars.com/product.php?productid=17501&cat=0&page=1&featured

http://www.minimusclecars.com/product.php?productid=17502&cat=365&page=2

http://www.minimusclecars.com/product.php?productid=17524&cat=379&page=1

njmop

Couldn't wait, I ordered my Acapulco Blue from minimusclecars.com last week. They are only $39 (on sale from $49). Merry Christmas to me!

Hope everyone gets their own too!

I'll have to buy a can of paint to dye that blue interior black to match mine tho ;-)

hicountrybob

68gt390 said:
For those with the HCS there is also a company that has ordered a limited number of cars that were made by Greenlight into the HCS. See below link.

Don - 68gt390

Don,

They are called “The Collector’s Guild” and they have a website. Here is the link to the cars:

http://www.diecastbymail.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=IOC&Category_Code=m60
Wow, both of the HCS cars have my Colorado Lic. plate lettering "HCS". What a deal, and now if my color was being made? Bob

njmop

Yep $39 for the standard colors. Black chrome is $59 and Gold Plated (Bling!) is $89. These are all the current prices (sale prices). Go to minimusclecar.com and search for california special. Most of these say they are limited to 1500 for the standard colors, 300 for the black chrome and 60 of the 24K gold... Just an FYI.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Well it looks like the Group Buy for these is losing a little steam. With the combination of the production delay and now all these other limited editions by various vendors people are understandably ordering theirs from other sources.

Our Group Buy pricing is based on volume (ie. the more we order the better the price) At one time I thought we might have a chance of breaking the 100+ mark for best pricing, but that doesn't look very likely now. We might be in the $34.99 price range. Here is the info I was given back in Feb. I'm trying to get confirmation that it's still accurate.

Retail: $45.99
20-49pcs: $39.99
50-99pcs: $34.99
100+: $29.99

So if you're interested in getting either the Wimbledon White or Acapulco Blue versions you could save a little if you order with the Group Buy.

BroadwayBlue

I'm looking for at least 4-5 Blue CS models.
We're up to 12 with 3-4 of us.

If this isn't going to happen please let us know so we don't miss out totally. Thanks!

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

I have sent Greenlight another message this weekend and cc'd Jon on it requesting info. They seem to be dragging their feet on this one. If I can't get an answer from the folks handeling the group buy, I plan on sending the Company President an email and see what happens. Would of been nice if they would of let us know about special order on the model also. We may have been able to have gotten enough folks together to have ordered a color we wanted one in. What a bummer.

Don :rolleyes:

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Don and I just got a response from Greenlight. We still have some questions, but they said they would follow up soon. They said there shouldn't be a concern about running out of either color at this point.

So....I'd like to start gathering names of people who are seriously interested so I can figure out where we might fall in the price break schedule. If you want in on this Group Buy please PM me using the following format (it will help me keep organized)

PM subject should be: GT/CS Diecast Model - 2 (indicate number of models you want)
In the body of the PM please indicate the # of each color you want (Wimbledon White or Acapulco Blue) and an email so I can follow up when we have more info.

Thanks!