• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Stripe on a 2007 Convertable CS

LovinMyStang

When I bought my car back in august the salesman suggested outlining the stripe in gold so it would stand out more being as its a Black Stripe on a Black Car any advice on this situation would be great. :smile:

hotrodgrany

When I bought my car back in august the salesman suggested outlining the stripe in gold so it would stand out more being as its a Black Stripe on a Black Car any advice on this situation would be great. :smile:
If that is what think you would like and I know how you feel as this is thre same color as mine, but desided to change mine out from this to reflective white/silver. I know some will disagree with me, but this is my baby. Here are before and after pics of mine, you deside.

Attachments

• Copy of PICT1157.JPG
    Copy of PICT1157.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 37
  • PICT1720.JPG
    PICT1720.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 38
  • PICT1271.JPG
    PICT1271.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 41
OP
OP
L

LovinMyStang

Thank you so much for posting your before and after pictures they are a big help to me and I may go with that that color for it just looks so rad, hope you don't mind. : )

Jenstang

Hotrodgrany,
Can I ask where you got the California Special script emblem I saw in one of the photos? I imagine its a chrome stick on? You're car looks great by the way!

Wayne Westmoreland

I just sent Bob White an e-mail asking for the GT/CS stripes and matching "Mustang Rally" stripes for my black 2007 GT/CS.

I am waiting to hear back from him and will let yall know how it goes.

Wayne Westmoreland

Bob White got back with me. The side stripes are $99.99 and the hood stipes are $300 and will have GT/CS on them.

I'm gonna go ahead & order in silver. He agreed with silver because his new Shelby GT is black with silver stripes and he loves it.

hotrodgrany

Bob White got back with me. The side stripes are $99.99 and the hood stipes are $300 and will have GT/CS on them.

I'm gonna go ahead & order in silver. He agreed with silver because his new Shelby GT is black with silver stripes and he loves it.[/QUOTE

I know he told me about his new Baby the other day and is very satisfied with it. I am glad that someone has gotten responce from him. I have been waiting for the striping that goes across the trunk simular to the old ones. He does excellent work too. I hope he gets his web master going on the decals for the new GT/CS's soon. For anyone that was interested in the scriped wording on the rear end and mini mask on mine, he made it in chrome decal material as I asked him to do for me, not for sure, but may be a little pull or for just doing business with him for years, he is easy to work with, need to be pacient, like all other business men that dose great work. He will ask for pictures of your Stang too and will post on customers section. I should know, my 2003 black Stang is there as well as my 2005 silver Mustang GT.

Wayne Westmoreland

Thanks hotrodgranny for recommending him. He got back with me the same day (probably because I told him that Kathy recommended him).

Yall are a great help on this site. Thanks.

Wayne Westmoreland

hi have you thought about lowering your car any

I'm not sure if your directing this question at me, but I'll answer anyway. Being new to this whole scene, it is very overwhelming when you start to realize all the possibilities with these Mustangs. There are a lot of mods I'm considering, but it is hard to know where to start. Budget constraints have to be considered as I do have a large family to support, but I plan to have some fun too.

Here are a few things I'm considering.

Cold air intake...got overwhelmed at all the different ones to choose from, so I gave up trying to figure it out.

Exhaust system... I had a set of flowmasters on my 96 GT and they sounded great, but when I started looking into them, I found way too many options to choose from. I guess I'm afraid of making the wrong choice.

Tuning Kit.. OK I think anyone could get overwhelmed on this one, especially someone who doesn't know squat about it.

So I decided to stick with the cosmetics for now, like the silver stripes. Maybe that will buy me some learning time. Meanwhile I keep reading up on sites like this one.

hotrodgrany

I'm not sure if your directing this question at me, but I'll answer anyway. Being new to this whole scene, it is very overwhelming when you start to realize all the possibilities with these Mustangs. There are a lot of mods I'm considering, but it is hard to know where to start. Budget constraints have to be considered as I do have a large family to support, but I plan to have some fun too.

Here are a few things I'm considering.

Cold air intake...got overwhelmed at all the different ones to choose from, so I gave up trying to figure it out.

Exhaust system... I had a set of flowmasters on my 96 GT and they sounded great, but when I started looking into them, I found way too many options to choose from. I guess I'm afraid of making the wrong choice.

Tuning Kit.. OK I think anyone could get overwhelmed on this one, especially someone who doesn't know squat about it.

So I decided to stick with the cosmetics for now, like the silver stripes. Maybe that will buy me some learning time. Meanwhile I keep reading up on sites like this one.

Here is what I added, if it didn't come with yours,a engine intake cover. Also the chrome scripting-California Special-3rd break lights, These are all cometic that I have done to mine. If I ever lowered mine,watch out for parking, bumpers get to close to the cement curves and thing like that already, trust me!!!

Attachments

• decals 0n 2007 California Special-engine intake cover 009.JPG
    decals 0n 2007 California Special-engine intake cover 009.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 16
  • decals 0n 2007 California Special-engine intake cover 013.JPG
    decals 0n 2007 California Special-engine intake cover 013.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 15
  • PICT1215.JPG
    PICT1215.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 18
  • decals 07-Christmas 06-Shelby 500 006.JPG
    decals 07-Christmas 06-Shelby 500 006.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 19
  • decals 07-Christmas 06-Shelby 500 005.JPG
    decals 07-Christmas 06-Shelby 500 005.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 10

hotrodgrany

I just sent Bob White an e-mail asking for the GT/CS stripes and matching "Mustang Rally" stripes for my black 2007 GT/CS.

I am waiting to hear back from him and will let yall know how it goes.
I just got a picture of Bob's NEW baby,his 2007 Shelby GT and pasing it on to you and every one to see. Just have to look at the picture and drool a little, it is an awsome looking machine.A:cool: ride

Attachments

• IMGP0290.jpg
    IMGP0290.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 24

hotrodgrany

Here is what I added, if it didn't come with yours,a engine intake cover. Also the chrome scripting-California Special-3rd break lights, These are all cometic that I have done to mine. If I ever lowered mine,watch out for parking, bumpers get to close to the cement curves and thing like that already, trust me!!!

Here is the striping Bob made for me and also the added strip on the scoop as well, all made Bob.

Attachments

• PICT1271.JPG
    PICT1271.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 18
  • PICT1720.JPG
    PICT1720.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 19

Wayne Westmoreland

Like I said I have ordered the stripes from Bob. The company I work for has a body shop so I asked them who I should get to put the stripes on for me as I have zero experience. He recommended a place called Auto Trim in Pearl, MS.

Do you have any idea how much I should expect them to charge to put on the side stripes and the ralley stripes?
:rolleyes:

hotrodgrany

Like I said I have ordered the stripes from Bob. The company I work for has a body shop so I asked them who I should get to put the stripes on for me as I have zero experience. He recommended a place called Auto Trim in Pearl, MS.

Do you have any idea how much I should expect them to charge to put on the side stripes and the ralley stripes?
:rolleyes:
I had the dealership I got mine GT/CS from, they took them off and put on the new ones. I am not sure, as I also had them put the engine intake cover on as well. It depends on what they charge in your area, maybe $100, they put the side scoop decals on for free for me, these I got this spring. I can put little decals like the third break light,the scripted wording, California Special, on and in the older style Mustangs the bumper inserts, small things, but if I have big things, like this, I have someone that is experanced do it, always, to expensive to replace, trust me.I have to show you what else you can put on to dress up your Stang.The break/caliber reflective black poney, the front windshield, says Mustang Rag Top, the 3 ponie, I put on the back window, these are all on my 2004 Mustang GT convert. I also put ponies on the rear view mirror and the side mirrors too. The last 2 pics are what I put on the 05 Mustang I owned. By the way Bob has made all these for me.

Attachments

• Hartley-125 yrs-04 Mustang GT convertable 050.JPG
    Hartley-125 yrs-04 Mustang GT convertable 050.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Hartley-125 yrs-04 Mustang GT convertable 051.JPG
    Hartley-125 yrs-04 Mustang GT convertable 051.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 143sm.jpg
    143sm.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 17
  • rvmirrorsm.jpg
    rvmirrorsm.jpg