• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Sunday morning coffe

68gt390

I think we've all been through a lot of the same things. I used to get upset with some of the stupid questions. Now, I just laugh and say OK. I actually had a guy the other day at Hooter's tell me his dad had a GT/CS that was a convertible. When I asked him what engine was in it he said he thought it was a 396. Go figure.

Don :grin:

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

68gt390 said:
I When I asked him what engine was in it he said he thought it was a 396. Go figure.

Don :grin:

There's a street rodder around here that put a Ford small block in a 35 Chevy. He did it just to get back at all the guys that put Chevy power in Fords. He had it stroked and bored to end up with a Ford 396, and proudly has 396 ci on his valve covers.

Midnight Special

joedls said:
There's a street rodder around here that put a Ford small block in a 35 Chevy. He did it just to get back at all the guys that put Chevy power in Fords. He had it stroked and bored to end up with a Ford 396, and proudly has 396 ci on his valve covers.

...So THERE "TWORINGS"!!!

'Just kidding ;-) ;-)

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

Here's an emblem he machined for his car.

Attachments

• P1000206-2.JPG
    P1000206-2.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 28

hotrodgrany

CALIF GIRL said:
At least they didn't tell you the air in all the other tires was stale and needed to be changed...
Not to get off the subject, but this new GT/CS has so many bells and whisles on it. The other day I had it out and a light came on, it was telling me the tire pressure was low, took it right into the dealership to ask what was the matter. He drove it into the garage and said just needed some air. He said, jokeingly, he needed to put some winter air in one. and the light went out. I ask him if he would please take it back out side, I think they just couldn't get over this GT/CS, just kept looking it over, as this is the first on in this area and probably be for a long while. I always enjoy seeing someone, give my Stangs a once look over, why not it's a Mustang.

Mustanglvr

Being winter and all, I have my car (68) in the garage all the time. My 11 year old daughter was begging me the other day to keep it parked on the driveway instead so all the little boys in town could see it. I had to tell her "no way". Its funny to hear this coming from a kid that told me when I first got it that she thought it was an ugly car. I don`t think she`s a fan of green. She`s gotten to where she looks beyond the paint and dings.

Midnight Special

hotrodgrany said:
Not to get off the subject, but this new GT/CS has so many bells and whisles on it. The other day I had it out and a light came on, it was telling me the tire pressure was low, took it right into the dealership to ask what was the matter. He drove it into the garage and said just needed some air. He said, jokeingly, he needed to put some winter air in one. and the light went out. I ask him if he would please take it back out side, I think they just couldn't get over this GT/CS, just kept looking it over, as this is the first on in this area and probably be for a long while. I always enjoy seeing someone, give my Stangs a once look over, why not it's a Mustang.

Kathy, I still have yet to see a new one! There just don't seem to be any around Grass Valley. How I long to pull up alongside and "chat" ;-)

hotrodgrany

Midnight Special said:
Kathy, I still have yet to see a new one! There just don't seem to be any around Grass Valley. How I long to pull up alongside and "chat" ;-)
I have never seen a 68 GT/CS, only in pictures. It would be so awsome to be parked along side one with mine,and even get a picture of that.