• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 tail lights paints

cool68

please tell me what type of paint is used to paint the tail light buckets where the bulbs go .... the paint on the tail light buckets seem to be a reflective silver ...where can i get this paint...or how do i get this finish back...please help

OP
OP
cool68

cool68

hey guys

guys this VHT chrome paint #sp2521a for the tail light bucket is hard to find at the auto parts store..i had to go online to find it....i went to amazon.com..:smile:

clubpro

Your other option is Almost Chrome from Eastwood.com

Cheers,

Ron

Mustanger

... Another option, I think I saw discussed earlier in another thread, was to use white paint ...

CougarCJ

... Another option, I think I saw discussed earlier in another thread, was to use white paint ...

That is what I plan to use. One of the guys here at work painted his Cougar tail light housings with a gloss white paint. His research showed that it was supposed to have superior reflective properties. We plan to do a comparison in the near future.

Last edited:

franklinair

Chrome is correct. White is right. (If you want better illumination)

Neil

Last edited: