• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

tail lights

green56

When i step on brake pad the driver side back tail lights are bright but the passanger side is not very bright even when i put the blinker on it is still dim could any body give me some help Thanks Tom From WI

franklinair

My first suspicion would be a poor or faulty Ground for the right rear light assembly.

Neil

OP
OP
G

green56

Tail lights

Will check it out today Sun 13 will let you know thanks Neil

OP
OP
G

green56

Tail lights

OK the one that is screwed in by the closer frame is OK the other one cleaned up have to wait until it gets dark the sun is out and the back of car is in the sun in garage will see later on around 6pm Tom from WI

OP
OP
G

green56

Cleaned one ground check lights and still dim How does the turn signal could be the problem with out the blinker working the brakelight is still dim when you step on brake pedal Can not do any more this year car went in to storage but still give ideas Thanks Tom from WI

franklinair

The brake light power goes thru the T/S switch whether you have selected 'turn' or not.

Neil

robert campbell

trust us. The t signal switch is part of this. The upgrade to the t-bird lights adds alot of abuse to the t signal switch and they fail. And when they fail yours is one of the symptoms. I have replaced mine twice. the last itme it was exhibiting the same problem you have.

Rob

OP
OP
G

green56

Thanks every one i new i could get a answer as far as i am concerned this is the best place to get info on your car Thanks again every one Will replace turn switch next spring