• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

The 1 of 1 67 Supper Snake - just 3 mill

J.Bart

my older brother is on the list for the 2008 super snake.
it is a black convertable, he is doing it strictly as an investment.
any thoughts on the good or bad of the investment?

OP
OP
@Holmes

@Holmes

I was on board for that program. I'm a convert guy and when I found out that the convert HP was limited I understood. But when they made the comp handeling package only for the hard tops I told the rep to take me off the list. The Stage 3 Roush car with less HP does donuts around the Shelby on a race track. Check the Utube film. Don't have the link off hand.

Z28ZL1

I was on board for that program. I'm a convert guy and when I found out that the convert HP was limited I understood. But when they made the comp handeling package only for the hard tops I told the rep to take me off the list. The Stage 3 Roush car with less HP does donuts around the Shelby on a race track. Check the Utube film. Don't have the link off hand.

With the dealer markups on the Shelby GT500 (a 2008 GT500 going for almost $80k) even the 2007's are still around $47k, people are buying the Saleens and Roush 427/428 packages. More bang for the buck as they say. Ford better watch out or they will have a huge inventory on the GT500's for the last 2 yrs. (which by then they will substantially reduce to sell off their lots). Also the current GT500 is much heavier cuz of the S/C.

wally05

Cars as investments are not really a good idea. One fire in your garage could destroy that "investment" or one thief. I was just explaining on another forum that all it would take is Shelby to do something that the public just hates and those book "values" (book values are stupid in the first place) would plummet. If he isn't going to drive it and enjoy it, don't do it. Apparently the money is already there, tell him to invest in something else. Value is all in how much the next guy is willing to pay for it. A perfect example are '68 fb values. Did you see how much those shot up after the Gone in 60 Seconds movie? Everyone wanted an "Eleanor." Now with UP going under, those cars will probably die off and such. Also, everyone is looking for a highland green '68 fb so they can have a "bullitt" car. Just b/c it is green! Personally, the Super Snake does nothing for me.

Z28ZL1

Cars as investments are not really a good idea. One fire in your garage could destroy that "investment" or one thief. I was just explaining on another forum that all it would take is Shelby to do something that the public just hates and those book "values" (book values are stupid in the first place) would plummet. If he isn't going to drive it and enjoy it, don't do it. Apparently the money is already there, tell him to invest in something else. Value is all in how much the next guy is willing to pay for it. A perfect example are '68 fb values. Did you see how much those shot up after the Gone in 60 Seconds movie? Everyone wanted an "Eleanor." Now with UP going under, those cars will probably die off and such. Also, everyone is looking for a highland green '68 fb so they can have a "bullitt" car. Just b/c it is green! Personally, the Super Snake does nothing for me.

I agree. Cars are meant to be driven and enjoyed as such. If you want investments, but stocks.

wally05

I agree. Cars are meant to be driven and enjoyed as such. If you want investments, but stocks.

Haha, exactly. I mean, I consider my car "equity" or an asset when I calculate that kind of stuff at the end of the year, but other than that, it's just a car for me to enjoy. I'll probably never get rid of it unless someone I love is in dire need of money, so I really have trouble calling it an "investment." But, with the way the stock market is right now (my brokerage account is going down the tubes), a car may be something better to stick your money in. On the other hand, now would be the time to buy stocks. :)

Also, I don't think the newer gen gt500s will be worth as much down the road as the current classic ones. There will be a lot more of them around considering their current selling price and the way they are babied. Back in the day, they were just a few in a long line of mustangs. :)