• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 The Sea Foam Special Rides Again...

azbeneman

Well, after an 11 month restoration, my Sea Foam Special is back on the road. I found the car on this site last August, made the deal and brought it home. It has sentimental value in that it is the same year/color combo as my first Mustang bought in 1991.

With a great deal of help from friends and family, she was torn down repainted and refreshed. I have a little over 200 miles in and so far, so good. Just a couple more bugs to work out.

I am driving her to her first show next week, about 425 miles round trip. Working all summer in the Phoenix heat was not ideal, but having the car done for this road trip was my focus.

I put a few pictures below and a link to more than a hundred photos taken during the restoration. Cheers!

http://s28.photobucket.com/user/azbeneman/library/1968 CA Special Restoration?sort=3&page=1

Craig

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 82

Maine gt/cs

Great looking car. Especially like the rims. Are they the same style that came on the 1965 or 1966 Shelby's? They stand out great with that color.

Tim

OP
OP
A

azbeneman

Thanks. So from what I was told, Cragar made these rims in 1965 along side the Shelby rims. These were the same rim drilled with a GM hole pattern. The previous owner found this set in the early 80's, had them re-drilled with the Ford hole pattern and had them widened. He ran these on a 65 Shelby (5S476) until he sold the car around 1989. They had been sitting his garage ever since. He sold them to me with the original lug nuts and washers. The Shelby center caps are repops painted black.

sam

Wicked awesome as we New Englanders say! Be sure to enter your car for the 2016 calendar contest. Very well done .

Ruppstang

Great looking ride! Congrats on a job well done, now you can just enjoy it.
Marty

OP
OP
A

azbeneman

Made it to the show

The car performed well and did the 400+ miles with little drama. It was the only GTCS up there. I can't remember ever seeing one up there in 15+ years. Lots of people asked questions about the car.

The Run to the Pines show in Pinetop AZ is a great show (550 cars). If you are ever in the area the last weekend in AZ, it is worth a look.

Craig

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 25