• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 The Sea Foam Special is out for paint

azbeneman

Back in late Sept, I picked up a mostly original paint SFG GTCS. It is a very complete C code/auto car. The car was pretty worn out and needed a restoration.

After 3 busy weeks of disassembly, I sent the car off to paint today. The shop I took it to specializes in Mustangs. They were amazed at how rust free the car is and had not seen one that clean in years.

Hopefully 5 or 6 weeks from now, I will get her back with a fresh coat of SFG paint. Then the fun will begin.

I tried posting a couple of photos in this thread, but I guess I could not get them small enough in size.

For those interested, I have posted restoration photos on Photobucket. The link is below.

http://s28.photobucket.com/user/azbeneman/library/1968 CA Special Restoration?sort=3&page=1

Happy Holidays to all!

Craig

Attachments

• image.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 215

Ruppstang

It is a very clean project. I wish our HCS project was that nice. I really enjoyed looking at your pictures. I will look forward to seeing more.
Marty

robert campbell

Craig,
VERY NICE! Another GT/CS rises from the ashes so to speak!!!! I really like the shot of the tape on the trunk lid. Many people are interested in how that looked from the factory.

Rob

green56

out for painting

How can I find out what the person wants for the black plates? Tom Wisconsin

Sarge

Craig,
Like Rob said, a lot of folks will be checking out the foam on the deck lid. I did a screen capture, and forwarded the picture to myself so I can have a photo to work from.

Thanks,

Robert

OP
OP
A

azbeneman

Well it took a bit longer than anticipated, but my car came back from paint yesterday. I ended up having the shop do more reassembly than originally planned which is good since my free time has been limited.

I am very pleased with the results and have to say the paint job exceeded my expectations. Now the fun begins. Engine, interior and front end/rear end remain. I have to keep reminding myself to take my time and think each task through. A thousand lessons in patients....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 50
OP
OP
A

azbeneman

The lighting on that last photo was a bit off. This photo shows the true color.

The guys at the paint shop gave me a hard time about the color, but I am a stickler for originality when it comes to paint. I don't anticipate seeing another one like it anytime soon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 55

Ruppstang

Very nice, I really like the color with the black accents. Do each part as if a judge will hold it in his hands and you will most pleased with the results.
Marty

retroman99

I was in AZ last week visiting my daughter at ASU and I had the pleasure of meeting Craig at the shop to take a look at his project and get some ideas for mine.The car is very clean and it has got me motivated again to get my car to the shop and get it going. I agree with him now the fun part begins. thanks Craig for sharing and getting me motivated