• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Thought for the day

Wayne Westmoreland

Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances.
- Thomas Jefferson

OP
OP
Wayne Westmoreland

Wayne Westmoreland

We often discover what will do by finding out what will not do; and probably he who never made a mistake never made a discovery. - Samuel Smiles

OP
OP
Wayne Westmoreland

Wayne Westmoreland

Mile by mile, life's a trial.
Yard by yard, it's not so hard.
Inch by inch, it's a cinch.
-- Proverb

An important key to progress on the path is to take it one step at a time. Just as investing a little on a regular basis builds long-term wealth, the little gains we make each day pay off in spiritual dividends. As a successful musical group explained, "We spent years preparing for our overnight success."

Taking it one step at a time means living in the present moment, letting life gradually reveal itself to us. Some people get nervous and want to know the final outcome. But how can we know an outcome that hasn't yet occurred? Trust in the process, and the perfect result will occur.

When our faith wavers, we often get ahead of ourselves and try to figure out what is going to happen. This "future tripping" removes us from our source of guidance in the present. Sometimes we try to hit it big in a hurry. But there is no fooling the Universe. Sooner or later we will have to go back and retrace the steps that we skipped. The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Whatever the goal or desire, approach it one step at a time. Small measures consistently taken guarantee progress. Eventually you will emerge victorious, having attained a reward that you have truly earned.

You are reading from the book:

Listening to Your Inner Voice by Douglas Bloch

Mustanglvr

I love your "thoughts for the day" Wayne. Keep up the good work. Here`s one.

When it is dark enough, you can see the stars.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mosesatm

We now have 2 identical threads about sayings. How about we merge this one into "Saying of the Week and other Famous Quotes".

Mustanglvr

If Wayne wants to keep posting one everyday, like he has been, why not just let him do it?

joedls

If Wayne wants to keep posting one everyday, like he has been, why not just let him do it?

Arlie can't help himself. It's the engineer in him. Things have to be in their proper place. :wink:

Just teasing, Arlie. I can't help myself. It's the devil in me. :icon_twis

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wayne Westmoreland

Wayne Westmoreland

Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved. - Barbara Johnson

I am truely sorry if I have offended anyone. I had no idea this thread would cause any controversy. This will be my last post. Thanks.

Mosesatm

Wayne,

Please don't let my opinon prevent you from sharing your thoughts and expressing your opinions. If you want to keep this thread going go for it!

My thought, which was poorly explained, is that it might be better to post on the other thread so new people don't get confused as to where they should post similar sayings. But that is just my opinion and it carries no more weight than yours.

If you think this is controversy you aint seen nothin. You should see us when we really get going!!!

edit; changed reallly to really

Last edited:

CougarCJ

Nobody can fully understand the meaning of love unless he's owned a dog. He can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes. - Gene Hill

hotrodgrany

The road to success is not straight
There ia a curve called failure,
A loop called confusion,
Speed bumps called friends,
Caution lights called family,
And you will have flats called jobs.
But if you have a spare called determination,
An engine called perserverance,
Insurance called faith
And a driver called Jesus,
You will make a place called success.

Author Unknown

OP
OP
Wayne Westmoreland

Wayne Westmoreland

Success in life balance is more than simply planning and executing - it's also developing the wisdom and judgment to make good choices in "decision moments." - A. Roger & Rebecca Merrill

PonyGal

There are two ways of meeting difficulties: you alter the difficulties, or you alter yourself to meet them.