• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Value of a GT/CS

vintageracer

A friend of mine wants to trade to me his 68 GT/CS on one of my Camaro's. His car is gold with gold interior and no vinyl top, C code, power steering, power disc brakes, Tilt/swing away, air conditioning, automatic, lower console, radio, and GT wheels.

The car is virtually rust-free. It will need to be repainted as the rear 2/3's of the car is original paint with the front end paint and left quarter being in primer. The only damage the car has had is below the rear driver's side quarter window. Apprently a parking lot dent. The interior seats have been recoved however the rest of the interior will need refreshed including the carpet, headliner, door panels, dash pad, sun visors and the steering wheel restored. The car runs and drives good however the A/C does not function and the heater core is bad. There are fog lights with the car however they are not Lucas or Marchal. All the CS fiberglass is complete and correct. The hood pins and other unique items are on the car.

Overall a GOOD solid car you can drive but needs restoration. Without your seeing the car, would please provide a guess of the value of the car so I can see if I can trade for the car.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

somethingspecial

Sounds like there is a lot to do with this GT/CS. Keep in mind it will cost about $600.00 to just replace the head liner, as the front and rear glass must be removed to do the head liner. Lately, most driver class GT/CS mustangs have been selling in the ball park of 15k, and these don't need near the amount of work as what you are describing. Hard to give you a value of a car we can't see in person, but I hope this helps. IMO, If your Camaro is worth 25K, I would pass on the trade. Mike

OP
OP
vintageracer

vintageracer

Thanks for the replies. We were not talking an even swap. He will give boot, lot's of boot! I was trying to determine if his car was an $8K car, a $10K car or a $12K car in its current condition.

I have seen most of the cars on Ebay selling in the $15K range and they are nicer than this car. I am in a situation that he wants the Camaro very badly. I will trade however he asked me to sell, I didn't ask him to buy so I am not going out on a limb to get his CS. I already have one. My Camaro is a very nice rustfree California car with chilly A/C that you can get in and go across country. His car is much more of a project that is not a daily driver type of car. I already have plenty of projects so if I trade for his CS it will be on my terms. I am looking for opinions of what you think a I could put in the car in terms of "real money" just in case I did decide to sell the car within 1 year and not get burned.

Thanks for your help.