• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Value of York a/c unit & supplies

aemoo28

Does anyone know of the value of a York (?) a/c unit that was dealer installed in a '68 CS?

I need replacement value of the entire unit and accessories that are part of the function of this unit.

Thank you,
Amy

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

I need to know replacement value as mine was stolen from a secure locked residence. Other 68 invaluable parts where taken as well.
Anyone have any idea of value of the compression unit?

franklinair

Amy;
WHAT HAPPENED?? York compressor=$250+/-. What about hoses, brackets, etc.?
Did these belong on your C/S? Do you need figures for insurance? Not knowing what is missing (or not) you could go to a local Mustang shop and have them price out replacement costs.
So sorry.

Neil

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

Yes Neil, the whole shebang was taken from a locked secure garage.

Hoses, brackets, everything needed to put it back into the CS. Yes it all came out of Satan, dealer installed. We removed it and were keeping it to put back in later.

1967 York a/c unit and parts, hoses, screws. It was all neatly packaged and labeled for easy re-installation.

J.Bart

Amy
have you contacted your mustang club up there, and put them on alert yet?
it's kind of a select market for that as we know.
and when was it stolen?

CougarCJ

Amy, feel free to use our catalog for getting retail prices for your missing parts. We normally see the 1967 brackets on the 'hang-on air conditioning systems' on the 1968 small block cars.

These are retail prices, street prices would be much lower.

http://salem.craigslist.org/pts/2155925611.html

These were early 1968 A/C brackets, the cast iron lateral piece style.
I think that they are still available, I saw them in person, I was looking for the later brackets.

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

Be on alert for one coming up for sale this last week... it may be MINE out of my 68 CS. All parts, brackets, hoses, compressor, everything was taken. All in good working condition.