• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Was anybody bidding on Seafoam green project on E-bay

classicsguy

The winning bidder lost the rights to car ,I was informed, and probably they will offer car to next high bidder. I am thinking about it but car is on West Coast..Car went to about $8700.00.

HappyHour

I was kinda expecting you to get on that! What kind of help you need? Depending on the rules I can give up a AAA Plus tow if thats what it takes (Im in NorCal and my CS is in SoCal). :wink:

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

I will need to transport it to Jacksonville or NJ and starting to get some quotes...thanks

Diesel Donna

I'll donate a AAA plus tow also...maybe we can get a "chain tow" across the nation between all of us! Seriously, If I can help at all, let me know. I am in Ontario,CA.

Eyewood

Seafoam CS

The above link is to the limegold CS in TX, which, if you decode the data plate doesn't jive with car in color, trans, nor interior. The seafoam CS in Long Beach is pretty much all there. Sitting a long time as indicated. If anyone is interested in condition let me know as I checked it out on today (or yesterday as it is 2:30am now).

DeadStang

The above link is to the limegold CS in TX, which, if you decode the data plate doesn't jive with car in color, trans, nor interior. The seafoam CS in Long Beach is pretty much all there. Sitting a long time as indicated. If anyone is interested in condition let me know as I checked it out on today (or yesterday as it is 2:30am now).

I'm curious about the car and the history. Can you tell us all, here in this thread?

Eyewood

bought seafoam CS!

Just purchased the car. All original except missing Lucas lamps...bummer. Minimal surface rust. Original paint job with many brush touch ups. Not sure if it will fire up. Radiator cap missing. Bottom line is a lot of unknowns but I think it will be worth it. Shock tower issue hopefully won't be too bad. I'm worrying about the ripple affect if any that it caused to the steering and suspension... Not planning on total restoration but who knows. I went that route with a 67 390 4spd GT. Spent more time worrying about it than enjoying.

I am new to this website as you all know but have been into mustangs for 20+ years. I will definitely need all help I can to acquire lights and the such.

Thanks,

DeadStang

Did you get the story about the whole estate of cars? I'm curious about the details (just nosey), and am wondering what else is going to come up for auction from this group of vehicles.

Eyewood

guy died and owned a crap load of properties. They kept finding classic cars at each locale. Family asked for local mustang club to help with sale. That's as much as I know. I would keep his store as a favorite to see what cars come up. The CS was at it's own location so I didn't see other vehicles.

Eyewood

Thanks. Excited to see if this thing fires up. I will keep you posted.

Do you know if a vinyl roof is listed on a Marti report? Was it considered an option?

clubpro

As Paul Newitt mentioned in his flyer that was mailed out last week I have a new business that specializes in 67 & 68 coupes. I would like to offer all of the registry members cost + 10% + shipping on all purchases. I am an authorized Scott Drake dealer and we have just about any part for your GT/CS.

I am still adding items to my online store so you can check out my website at
www.rnrclassics.net or go to www.scottdrake.net and then email me with the items you need.

Have fun with your new project!

Cheers!

Ron

Eyewood

Seafoam CS

Driver side shock tower lower section is torn. The lower metal is pointing outward towards block and upper shock tower metal is pointing inward. Pretty nice gap inbetween the two!

Aftering noticing the driver side wheel cockeyed, I took a gander with a flashlight inside at the tower and was pretty "shocked" (no pun intended). Not to mention the look on the face of the seller... I took some pics of it for him and emailed them when I returned home. Two of the pics were added to the listing on the 24th I believe.

In any event, I purchased the car and am trying to catch up on my mustang knowledge as I have been ponyless since '04. My intentions are to obviously take the engine out to address tower first. Either reweld or replace entire tower depending on what we see. I have spoken to two outfits and replies are pretty consistent. This is a fairly common problem with mustangs as I am learning. If the welds were not done well, eventually the twisting and torque will tear em apart. A good weld job usually is suffice to correct. Since engine is out I'll probably have it rebuilt for ~$700.00 or so. Everything is being kept stock (engine, body, etc.) I need a set of the steel styled wheels for it anyone has a good set lying around. Would like to get an original set if I can. Not looking to do any body work right now. I'll do a little interior (seats, carpet, liner, etc), brakes, tank and call it a day until funds allow for me to give it a full on resto.

Any advise regarding where to buy parts would be helpful. I prefer buying original ford parts when possible. What outfits are the best to buy from ie. Scott Drake, Mustang Country, Mustangs Unlimited etc? Which ones should I stay away from?

If you are interested in viewing the damage, I just downloaded pics to my gallery.

Last edited:

franklinair

Well, that's a new one on me. Never saw a 289 powered car with shock tower problems. I've seen it on big block models, cracking due to torque. Fortunatley, it is fixable, and will actually be stronger than new. Thanks for sharing.

Neil

clubpro

I've seen it a couple of times and came from a combination of very hard braking and newer radial tires that grip much better than the originals. That is one of the reasons why Shelby put the export brace and monte carlo bars an all of his cars.

Cheers!

Ron