• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Washington/Oregon CS/GT on Craig's List

DeadStang

Not mine:

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/car/457254529.html

Project '68 Mustang GT/CS California Special for restoration. Very rare car, as rare as the Shelby's from the same era; only 4118 built with the California Special option... probably the next "big mover" in the vintage Mustang market; most of the other desirable cars have already made their value jumps... this is an opportunity to get in at the ground floor.

Solid, rust-free car in desirable Candy Apple Red with white stripes, and red interior. Original 289 2v/4-speed car (have Marti Report to verify authenticity), dealer-installed C4 automatic and Shelby slot mags when sold new... original owner wanted an auto car... the obvious choice is to put the 4-speed back in.

This is a car I bought to restore, and I've done some preliminary work... selling it as-is in exactly this condition, or I'll finish the restoration for you if you're willing to pay fair money for it. Here's where it sits right now:

-Original 289 removed and on pallet, along with dealer-installed C4 auto. Was not running when I removed it, but the car was reportedly running when parked. As a matter of course, I had intended to go through the engine.

-Front fenders, hood, grill, lower valence removed

-Underhood accessories removed

The rest of the car is intact; all the fasteners are bagged, all extra parts are in the trunk. The driver's side fender have some minor damage, but is repairable, although used/straight fenders are inexpensive and a time-saver in a restoration. The inner fenders are undamaged and original, showing the proper serial numbers that match the car. No major wrecks, repairs, or damage.

I've restored a correct '68 turn signal hood for it; it still needs to have the twist locks installed. The front grill is there, but bent; easy replacement part for under $100.00. I have a mint set of correct Lucas driving lamps with rare factory plastic covers, as well as the original on-car pair, one of which has a broken lens... still a valuable bonus.

One rear quarter extension is broken; repairable, but repro's are only $50.00 each. The rear deck lid with spoiler had a break in the fiberglass; it's been professionally repaired and is in primer. The Shelby tail lights are complete and I believe undamaged. The original faux Shelby side scoops are intact. The car is still in original paint for the most part, and is truly a dry car. The interior is complete, and in decent condition, although a person would certainly want to restore it, given the inexpensive total cost of restoring a Mustang's interior. Doors open and close like new with no sag; windows roll up and down properly, glass and other trim good.

Power steering, power brakes, original 9" rear locking differential with 3.00:1 gear ratio.

All in all, an easy restoration project that's a roller right now. Desirable Candy Apple Red color, great red interior, desirable four-speed, last of the 289's; most Mustangs had 302's by now; this was a late production special order and kind of an oddball; they used "left-over" 289 parts on these last engines.

$10,000.00 or best cash offer. I'm not giving it away, and I'm looking for a full-price offer; that will take the car away right now. Title in hand.

Call 360-936-9257 if you're an able, ready buyer with cash in hand. I've held too many cars for people who've later flaked out. Serious only, please; the description is fully accurate.

360-936-9257 in Vancouver, WA.