• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Well, I'll be darned

Timmknz

I put the battery back in the CS, shined it up and took it to the Central Oregon Rod and Classic show this weekend. Much to my surprise and astonishment, I took first in 1960-1969 stock production. I simply cannot believe it!

Tim

Attachments

• Picture 004A.jpg
    Picture 004A.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 80
  • Picture 003A.jpg
    Picture 003A.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 72

franklinair

Way to go!! The car looks really nice. Highland green has always been one of my favorite colors.

Neil

Midnight Special

Wow! 'Have to wonder if our combined "awareness" efforts are finally paying off! Three other winners on another thread & now you Tim! Maybe Jon should add another sticky titled "GT/CS and HCS Esteemed Award Winners" with pictures of your cars and trophies! or better yet - dedication of next year's calendar! Congratulations!

Northern Pony

Tim;
That car looks fantastic, I believe you got your just reward for lot's of hard work, congrats on a great car and first place.
I am somewhat envious of you folks already doing car shows while I am still on the ski hill and the car is under wraps.
BoB

p51

Congrats! ...

Given the recent wins at other shows maybe this does turn out to be the "Year of the GT/CS" :cool:

James

BroadwayBlue

Wow! 'Have to wonder if our combined "awareness" efforts are finally paying off! Three other winners on another thread & now you Tim! Maybe Jon should add another sticky titled "GT/CS and HCS Esteemed Award Winners" with pictures of your cars and trophies! or better yet - dedication of next year's calendar! Congratulations!

Maybe they can post here and Jon can make this a sticky

http://californiaspecial.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6390

Last edited:

TheBlkPearl

That's great!!

I put the battery back in the CS, shined it up and took it to the Central Oregon Rod and Classic show this weekend. Much to my surprise and astonishment, I took first in 1960-1969 stock production. I simply cannot believe it!

Tim

Sweet car Tim - The GT/CSs will soon rule the world :)

Randy

Ruppstang

From the looks of your car I am not suprised that you won! way to go Marty

OP
OP
Timmknz

Timmknz

Thanks Everyone!

I was really surprised. There were some wonderful cars there, but mine ws one of the few drivers to actually enter for judging- I thought it would be fun just to show the car as there are not many people who know about the GT/CS. Now to track down a 4 speed car!
:)
Tim